Respected Contributor

Sorry, I was answering Shayna!

New Contributor

Hello Mothertrucker:

Sorry for the delay in response, I have been sick and out of touch. I appreicate your recipe and for responding to my question.

Katey1261, I am sorry for getting off topic, just thought I would ask about the cheese crackers. I hope my response helped.

God Bless

Trusted Contributor
Non-kosher Latkes. Oh how I love German Food.
Trusted Contributor
On 4/22/2015 Shayna said:

Hello Mothertrucker:

Sorry for the delay in response, I have been sick and out of touch. I appreicate your recipe and for responding to my question.

Katey1261, I am sorry for getting off topic, just thought I would ask about the cheese crackers. I hope my response helped.

God Bless

No problem and thanks Mothertrucker.

Honored Contributor

Shayna, thanks for the turkey/potato cake recipe. I have a small amount of leftover turkey so I am going to try it tomorrow. The recipe was made even more special with your kind words about your husband and father-in-law, it was very touching to read. Very lovely and thank you again for sharing!

Honored Contributor

Mothertrucker, those Crispy Cheese Crackers sound delicious. I copied the recipe, can't wait to be invited somewhere so I can bring them!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

KATEY, haven't read the thread yet, but I saw your title and said "yoi yoi",,,,my mother used to make these for me for a very special occasion,,,I never did because they were so messy...and really hadn't learned to cook yet. I'm anxious to read on.! bless you for starting this thread!!

Super Contributor
On 3/14/2015 Mary Bailey said:

My Mom taught me how my Polish Grandmother made them.

I make mine from grated raw potatoes and onion. I add eggs, floiur, baking soda, pepper and salt. I drain the grated potato mixture in a colander. I cook them in an electric fry pan(so I can control the heat) at 350. The edges need to be really cooked before they are flipped.

Dad loves them plain and will eat them as soon as they are cooked. Everyone else is lucky to get any. My sister likes applesauce on them, sour cream for me.

I never had them from mashed potatoes. It sounds good also.

Mary, this is how my mother made them. how wonderful!! I've also tried thru the years to use the frozen 'grated' home fries,,,,so much easier, but NEVER as good.

Respected Contributor

My dad took leftover mashed potatoes shaped them into paddies then coated the outside with flour. He cooked them in bacon grease until they were golden brown! They were delicious! I'll have to make them soon. Nice trip down memory lane for me!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
New Contributor
On 4/23/2015 momtochloe said:

Shayna, thanks for the turkey/potato cake recipe. I have a small amount of leftover turkey so I am going to try it tomorrow. The recipe was made even more special with your kind words about your husband and father-in-law, it was very touching to read. Very lovely and thank you again for sharing!

Momtochloe, how kind you are! I enjoy reading everyone's comments. People are so compassionate and inviting. I hope you enjoy making the turkey/potato cake recipe.

Wishing everyone a healthy and blessed day.