Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone!!  I think I'm going to enjoy mashing in it,, something about the technique  lol..  Yes, I have a homegoods here, I'll check it out.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@fthunt 

Mine is marble, I use it for a multitude of things from the kitchen to crushing meds for the furbabies!

Does your mortar and pestle get stained by the items that you crush?

I have a slab of marble at the entrance to my bathroom. Before we bought the house the previous owners restained the bathroom door. And on one corner the stain dripped onto the marble. I have tried for years to get the stain out. It is quite faint now.

But especially using for food, I would rather not have it stained from previous uses. But I would like to get a marble one. My son gets into exotic recipes for his Friendsgiving meal and other meals. And know it is just a matter of time we will need a mortar and pestle. 

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

QVC has several here at good prices!

mortar and pestle Search Results - QVC.com

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@drizzellla 

Mine has never stained and I've had/used it for years!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor
I found a natural bamboo one on Amazon, I put in my cart 😀
Honored Contributor

I have a stoneware-type one from Cordon Bleu that I bought years ago.  Oh, I just checked and it was 2007.  Anyway, I like it fine. (Amazon)

Respected Contributor

I also have a marble mortar and pestle. I don't use  it often, but I have used it to grind fresh pepper corms. It takes a bit of energy, but the ground pepper is nice and spicy. I need to come up with more ideas for its' use. I bought it at Ross's .