Honored Contributor

Re: MEXICAN CORNBREAD SUPPER

@novamc1 wrote:

I have never seen this product in my life.  I guessed at the general type of bean correctly, though, and I'm sure I can make do with something similar.

@novamc1  You obviously are not in the Southwest where every single grocery store sells these beans.  They're kidney beans with cumin and a little chili powder.  Just use beans and add Mexican seasonings.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Hi luvsbulldogs... I am great and so is the family, The grandkids are now 15, the twins are 6 yrs old, can you believe it!  I know I flooded you guys with the twins newborn pics...lol  I hope you and hubby have been doing great!  Glad to see your still posting!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Valued Contributor

If you can't find those beans, use any beans you like, another good one is pinto beans.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Respected Contributor

@chicagoan wrote:

Hi luvsbulldogs... I am great and so is the family, The grandkids are now 15, the twins are 6 yrs old, can you believe it!  I know I flooded you guys with the twins newborn pics...lol  I hope you and hubby have been doing great!  Glad to see your still posting!

@chicagoan

Oh my goodness, time sure does fly!  Your grandson is now 15 and the twins are 6.  I remember the wonderful pics that you posted.  Enjoy them because they grow up so fast!  Hubby and I are doing good!  I still enjoy posting on the Q forums.  I guess some things never change...lol. 

Trusted Contributor

@Chicagoan - Regarding your recipe of Mexican Cornbread Supper, Do you drain the beans before adding to the other ingredients?

Trusted Contributor

@Chicagoan, I just know I am going to love this recipe when I make it!  One question:  are these ingredients (Ro-Tel, ranch-style beans, cream corn and shredded cheese) layered on top of the ground meat or mixed together before adding on top of the meat?  Thanks in advance for replying……and sharing your recipe!

Honored Contributor

Looks good!  Maybe use whole kernal rather than creamed corn????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

Looks good!  Maybe use whole kernal rather than creamed corn????

@Sooner 

This recipe is from a couple of years ago but very good & EASY.

Yes, I made it with whole kernel corn, that's what we prefer & what I keep on hand.

And jalapenos (chopped & mixed in with the corn bread mixture), gotta have my jalapenos in most things LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

I have never seen this product in my life.  I guessed at the general type of bean correctly, though, and I'm sure I can make do with something similar.

This is the first time in my life that I'm hearing the term "ranch style beans" too.  I don't think our grocery stores carry this product.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chicagoan 

Was it sweet?  I think Jiffy has sugar in it and if so the dish might turn out too sweet for me.     I'd used Martha White's mix or another one that doesn't have sugar in it.

Reminds me of the question:  "What is cornbread made with sugar called?"    CAKE

I just noticed this original post is almost 3 years old.  I doubt we'll get any answers.