¼ cup soy sauce
½ teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
¾ cup chicken broth

¾ cup cashews

To make:

Slice chicken.  Set aside.

Chop garlic and green onions.  Set aside

In a small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch and chicken broth.

Stir fry chicken for about 3 minutes or until it is opaque.  Add garlic, green onions,
green pepper and mushrooms.  Continue to stir fry for about 2 minutes.

Lower heat.  Stir in soy sauce mixture and cook until sauce thickens. 

Serve over cooked rice and sprinkle with cashew.

Prepare all ingredients before beginning.  It moves quickly!

Next ingredient:  Peanut Butter

Contributor

Re: MAY 2017 RECIPE EXCHANGE GAME

Crispy Peanut Butter Balls

Ingredients:

1 cup crunchy peanut butter 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened 1 cup powdered sugar 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening 54 mini-muffin paper cups

Directions:

In large electric mixer bowl, beat peanut butter, margarine and sugar on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Add Rice Krispies cereal, mixing thoroughly. Portion mixture, using rounded teaspoon. Shape into balls. Place each ball on a cookie sheet , lined with wax paper.

Melt chocolate morsels and shortening in small saucepan, over low heat, stirring constantly. Using a toothpick, dip each ball into the melted chocolate. Refrigerate until firm. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

next ingredient:   black olives

Trusted Contributor

Chicken with Olives and Lemons

Source: Cooking Light

Ingredients
2 tsp grated lemon rind
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
1-1/2 TBS minced fresh garlic
4 (6-oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, halved crosswise
Cooking spray
2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
15 oil-cured olives, pitted and sliced (I use kalamata)
1 large shallot, sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced

Preparation

Preheat oven to 400°.

Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Shake to coat chicken. Marinate 15 minutes at room temperature.

Arrange chicken mixture in a broiler-safe 11 x 7–inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with oregano and the next 4 ingredients (through shallot); top with lemon slices. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.

Remove chicken from oven. Preheat broiler to HIGH.

Place chicken 3 inches from broiler element; broil on HIGH for 3 minutes or until chicken is browned and done.

Next ingredient- Rhubarb

Regular Contributor

I've been staring at that rhubarb ingredient for several days now...definitely not my favorite, and my DH, the professional Cook turned 18 Wheeler reminded me "both the leaves and roots are poisonous!" Most recipes attempt to disguise pieplants uber tart taste with tons of sugar or unsuspecting summery fruits, such as strawberries Smiley Tongue   Here's a way to use up some of the 'pink celery', I've borrowed from Serious Eats after tweeking a bit to reduce sodium content:

Rhubarb Ketcup

28 ounce can crushed tomatoes

4 Cups rhubarb stalks, cut into 1" pieces

2 Cups chopped white onion

1 Cup distilled white vinegar

1/2 Cup dark brown sugar

1/4 Cup white sugar

1 Tablespoon Worchestershire Sauce (I use reduced sodium)

1 teaspoon kosher salt (reduced from original recipe)

1 teaspoon granulated garlic

1 teaspoon granulated onion

1 teaspoon chili powder (ancho preferred)

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Add all ingredients to medium stockpot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, until rhubarb is tender. Pour into blender or use stick blender, (my preference), and blend to your preferred thickness, either somewhat chunky or silky smooth.  Allow to cool and ladle into glass jars. Sealed, these will last all Summer if kept refrigerated.

Next ingredient is Chervil

Honored Contributor

@KCFoxy What a cool recipe!  I only know about using rhubarb in pies so this is something entirely different to try. Thanks for posting!

Chevril-I've never used this before but when I was looking up recipes for Gazpacho I came across this one. Looks yummy!

CHILLED TOMATO SOUP-GAZPACHO STYLE

Serves 6

FOR THE SOUP:
1 dried ancho chile, stemmed and seeded
1 1⁄2 cups crustless, cubed day-old country white bread
2 - 3 cloves garlic, peeled
Salt
5 lb. best available vine-ripened red tomatoes, halved
1⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

FOR THE RELISH:
1⁄2 lb. mixed varieties and colors small vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
1 small sweet yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
1⁄2 small red onion, peeled and diced
Leaves from ½ bunch chervil, chopped
Leaves from ½ bunch basil, chopped
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 slices country white bread, brushed with extra-virgin olive oil, toasted, and rubbed with 1 clove peeled garlic

Instructions
For the soup: Soak chile in a bowl of hot water until soft, about 30 minutes. Drain, peel, and crush to a paste with a mortar and pestle; set aside.

Soak bread cubes in a medium bowl of cold water until soft, about 5 minutes. Drain, squeeze out excess water, and set aside.

Crush garlic with 2 tbsp. salt to a paste with a mortar and pestle, add soaked bread, and grind until smooth; set aside.

Grate cut side of tomatoes just to skin on large holes of box grater into a strainer set over a large bowl, straining out seeds and pressing through as much pulp as possible; discard skins.

Stir reserved chile paste, garlic-bread paste, and oil into tomato pulp and season to taste with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.

For the relish: Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onions, chervil, basil, vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl.

Divide soup between 6 bowls; add a generous spoonful of relish and a slice of toast to each bowl.

IMG_3953.JPG

Next Ingredient: RED ONION

Regular Contributor

@bonanzajellybean Thanks for the compliment...I was looking for something that wasn't the same old same old but still would be something worth a try and not too far out there.

Chervil is most often used in French cooking, a staple member of their Fine Herbs. I first fell in love when using some Fish Herbs, might have been Spice Islands back in the '70's? Very familiar with dill, thyme, rosemary and a few others but chervil was the one I wasn't familiar with.

Like savory, too much is too much, but just a touch under a lovely foil wrapped baked fillet with some dill, lemon  zest/juice and white pepper on the top...oh yes! Your take on chervil is yummy, and perfect for the warm weather Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Over the weekend, somebody was telling me about this wonderful cheese and onion dip she got at the Kroger Grocery Deli.  The next day I was looking through some old threads from Recipe Swap and found a mention of this wonderful cheese dip that "everybody just makes but nobody ever has a recipe for".  So this morning I did a search for a similar recipe and then came here to read the Recipe Exchange Game and the Next Ingredient is Red Onions.   It must be FATE!  Here's that elusive recipe for everybody like me who has never had it:

Jarlsberg Cheese Dip

2 cups Jarlsberg cheese, coarse grated

3⁄4 cup real mayonnaise, NOT salad dressing plus 1/4 cup half-and-half cream (or omit the half-and-half and just use 1 cup real mayonnaise)

1 teaspoon lemon juice

1/4 cup finely diced red onion

optional: 1/4 cup chopped pecans

optional: chopped bacon to taste

Gently combine all ingredients.

Refrigerate for 2-hours before serving.

Serve with crackers.

Next Ingredient:  Black Beans 

Regular Contributor

Black Bean & Salsa Soup   Serves 4

2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup chunky salsa (mild or medium, I like to use fresh Deli type)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
4 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion

In an electric food processor or blender, combine beans, broth, salsa, and cumin. Blend until fairly smooth. (Immersion stick type blender also works a treat here instead).
Heat the bean mixture in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
Ladle soup into 4 individual bowls, and top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of the sour cream and 1/2 tablespoon green onion.

Other option: With the canned beans left undrained, omit the vegetable broth, and puree with salsa and cumino for a tasty dip. Sometimes we like to stir in cooked chorizo or mild cheese, such as Monterey Jack or Colby.

Next ingredient- Tarragon