Honored Contributor
COOKIES & CREAM MARSHMALLOW POPS
These are easy but look impresssive especially to kids. 

B1D9D123-E50D-4EDD-99CF-470CD4C3EA41.jpeg
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
RESTING TIME: 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 6 POPS

Marshmallow pops are showing up in bakeries, and theme parks across the US. Get the recipe for these yummy Cookies & Cream Marshmallow Pops you can make at home!

EQUIPMENT
  • Straws or kebab sticks
INGREDIENTS
  • 24 marshmallows regular-size
  • 11 oz white chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp coconut oil or vegetable shortening
  • 1 cup Oreo cookies Or other chocolate sandwich cookie; finely chopped
INSTRUCTIONS
  • Press four marshmallows onto a straw or treat stick with a twisting motion. Lay on waxed paper. * Use a little melted white chocolate to adhere them to the stick better.
  • Melt the white chocolate in the microwave according to package directions giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the candy is overheated, it will be too thick. You can add 1 teaspoon of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to help thin the chocolate but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
  • Pour chocolate over the marshmallows, coating completely and allowing the excess to run back into the bowl. Roll in crushed cookies. Place on waxed paper and refrigerate until set.
  • Transfer melted chocolate to a piping bag or zip-top freezer bag. Snip the corner of the bag and drizzle melted candy over the marshmallows. Sprinkle lightly with crushed cookies.
  • Allow the marshmallows to rest on waxed paper until set before packaging or serving. Best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
GLUTEN FREE
  • Use gluten free sandwich cookies
DAIRY FREE
  • Use a dairy free white chocolate chip (like King David brand - found on amazon)

Next Ingredient: ZUCCHINI 

Honored Contributor

Parmesan Zucchini Squares
Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 5.46.57 AM.png

Ingredients
  • 1 cup biscuit mix 
  • 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (fresh)
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
  • Dash garlic powder
  • 4 large eggs (lightly beaten)
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3 cups thinly sliced or shredded, unpeeled zucchini
  • 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)

1. Heat the oven to 350 F.

2. Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.

3. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, parsley, oregano, pepper, salt, and garlic powder.

4. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs until lightly beaten.

5. Whisk the vegetable oil into the eggs and then add the Parmesan cheese and dry ingredients; stir to blend. Fold in the sliced zucchini and finely chopped onion.

6. Fold the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined (avoid over-mixing), then pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.

7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.

8. Let cool slightly and then cut into squares. Serve Parmesan zucchini squares as an appetizer or side dish.

I've been making a slightly different version of this for decades.  They are ALWAYS gobbled up and especially easy to make if you have a food processor to slice or shred the zucchini. I do find, though, that 375° is a better temp and they need more like 45 min than 30. In any case, super easy and deicious.

Next ingredient:  yeast

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: MARCH 2020 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

Pizza Dough

Church of St. Michael, New Haven, CT, 7th Edition, 2011, p. 84

Recipe submitted by Mary Simeone

1 pkg. DRY YEAST (or 2 and 1/4 Tsp ACTIVE DRY YEAST)

1 and 1/3 cups lukewarm water

2 Tbsp olive oil

1 tsp salt

4 cups sifted flour

Dissolve yeast in mixing bowl with lukewarm water.  Add oil; sift flour and salt.  Add yeast yeast water to flour and salt.  Knead until smooth (about 10 minutes).  Cover bowl with cloth, waxed paper, or plastic wrap and put in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 2 hours.

Divide dough in half. Place dough on 2 greased 12 inch round pizza pans or undivided on one greased cookie sheet.  Flatten and stretch with oiled fingers.

Spread pizza sauce evenly over dough.  Sprinkle with cheese and oregano; bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until crispy.

Crumbled cooked sausage, hamburger, anchovies, or mozzarella cheese may be added on top of dough (before baking).  Of course mushrooms, onions and bacon are other favorite toppings

Notes:  I always put some corn meal on top of the oiled pizza pan or baking sheet, just as the pizza places do, before popping my dough on the pan(s).

A "white pie" (famous pizza from Pepe's of New Haven, CT) is excellent.  This is simply grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled with oregano, then topped with drained canned clams and baked.

aroc3435

Next Ingredient:  BAKING POWDER, BAKING SODA, or CREAM OF TARTAR

Honored Contributor

Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie

169F04EC-ABA8-45B5-A60E-C2E17167829F.jpeg
This is it! The end-all, be-all, best low carb dessert ever. This grain-free Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie will delight your tastebuds.
Course Dessert
Cuisine Dessert
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Cooling Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 1 10-inch cookie
Calories 269 kcal
Ingredients
Cookie:
Cinnamon Topping:
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a 10-inch oven proof skillet (cast iron is best).
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the butter, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined.
  3. Spread the dough in the prepared skillet and smooth the top. Bake 22 to 25 minutes, until the cookie is set around the edges and just barely set in the center. Remove and let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Topping:
  1. In a small bowl, whisk together the sweetener and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the cookie. To serve, scoop the cookie out by the spoonful or cut into slices when it's completely cool.
  2. Top with low carb vanilla ice cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream.
Recipe Notes

Serves 8. Each serving has 3.41g NET CARBS.

Food energy: 269kcal
Total fat: 24.70g
Calories from fat: 222
Cholesterol: 30mg
Carbohydrate: 6.63g
Total dietary fiber: 3.22g
Protein: 6.59g

Nutrition Facts
Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie

Amount Per Serving (1 g)
Calories 269Calories from Fat 222

% Daily Value*
Fat 24.7g38%
Cholesterol 30mg10%
Carbohydrates 6.63g2%
Fiber 3.22g13%
Protein 6.59g13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Next Ingredient:  MUSHROOMS 
Honored Contributor

Potato-Corn Casserole*

6 medium potatoes (Russet or Idaho)

1 can Cream-Style Corn

1 small can sliced MUSHROOMS, drain

1/2 package (1 cup) grated Cheddar Cheese

3/4 cup milk

Cook potatoes until almost done (do not overcook as they will cook more in oven), let cool and slice.  In a 2-3 quart baking dish, mix together potatoes, corn, MUSHROOMS, cheese and milk.  Also, add salt and pepper and little grated onion.

Bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes until bubbly, longer if necessary.  

* Old recipe from a sweet older lady in my neighborhood who made it when I was growing up.  My mother fixed it and now I do.  Enjoy!

NEXT INGREDIENT ..... ANY BOX PUDDING MIX

Honored Contributor

@walker 

Thank you for another "keeper". My husband will love this!

NEXT INGREDIENT: PUDDING MIX (any flavor)

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: MARCH 2020 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

Thanksgiving Cake

1 box spice cake mix, 1 can pumpkin, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1 PACKAGE INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING, 3 eggs, 1-2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin spice, 1/2 cup water, pumpkin chips, optional.  1/2 cup chopped pecans, also opt.

Preheat oven to 350. Place all but chips and nuts in a bowl and mix on medium speed for 5 minutes. Add the chips and the nuts and mix gently.

Butter and flour a bundt pan. Pour batter in and cook for 50 minutes or so. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. If you want to use a 9x13 pan, bake for 30-35 minutes but test the cake before taking out of the oven. Cupcakes, 18-23 minutes, 2- 8 inch pans for 30-35 minutes or 2-9 inch pans for 25-30 minutes.

NEXT INGREDIENT: HUMMUS

Edited: Removed the word chopped after pumpkin chips. Soooory!😉

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

Message for Zhills .... Wanted to let you know I made your Chicken Enchiladas (Feb Recipe Game) last night.  Very good...easy too!  Thanks!

NEXT INGREDIENT HERE ..... HUMMUS 

Honored Contributor

a1bc9465-542e-4149-a28f-55911b4d399e.jpg

I've made these many times, with and without the dill. They are easy and always gobbled up.  I've also used home toasted tortilla wedges when I didn't have pita bread. Both work well... just don't make the tortilla wedges too crispy.

Hummus and Cucumber Bites

Ingredients
pita (pocket) breads (6 inch)
2/3 cup roasted red pepper hummus 
1/3 English (seedless) cucumber (about 4 inches)
1/2 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
16 fresh dill weed sprigs
Steps
Cut each pita bread into 8 wedges.
Spread about 1 teaspoon hummus on each wedge.
Score cucumber peel lengthwise with tines of fork.
Cut cucumber in half lengthwise.
Cut each half crosswise into 16 thin slices.
Place 2 half-slices cucumber on hummus on each bite.
Sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with dill weed.

Expert Tips
Smoked Spanish paprika has a smoky, spicy flavor. Regular paprika can be substituted for it, if you like.

Hummus comes in a variety of flavors; try these bites with your favorite.

NEXT INGREDIENT:  Small pasta, like elbows.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor
Rating: 4.24 stars

A great side dish for the summer picnic. I made this on accident when I put some soup ingredients into the bowl instead of the stock pot. I doctored it up and added other ingredients, and voila! Use your favorite pasta shape.

Prep:
15 mins
Total:
2 hrs 45 mins
Additional:
2 hrs 30 mins
Servings:
IngredientsIngredient Checklist
  • 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta or favorite pasta

• 1 cup prepared ranch dressing

• 6 slices bacon

• ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese

• 1 carrot, peeled and diced

• 1 stalk celery, diced

• 1 red onion, diced

DirectionsInstructions Checklist
  • Step 1

Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the bow tie pasta and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink. Transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate until cool, at least 30 minutes.

• Step 2

Meanwhile, place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate, let cool, and chop.

• Step 3

In a large salad bowl, stir together the ranch dressing, bacon, Parmesan cheese, carrot, celery, and red onion until well combined. Lightly stir in the cooled pasta to coat with dressing, and refrigerate 2 hours to blend flavors before serving.

Next Ingredient: BROCCOLI