Respected Contributor

Salmon With MUSTARD

I use a very large piece (about from wrist to my arm) but you can use fillets, MUSTARD to coat salmon, 2/3 cup panko crumbs, 1/3 cup parsley, chopped, 1 tsp lemon zest, 1/4-1/2 cup dill, chopped, I use 4 or 5 cut up scallions,, 1/4-1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and a touch of mayo.

Coat the salmon with MUSTARD. Mix all the rest of the ingredients together well and pack it on the top of the salmon. Pat it down! Bake in a 425 preheated oven for 18 minutes. Then broil the salmon for 4-5 minutes. 

Next Ingredient: CORNISH HENS

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Trusted Contributor

Re: MARCH 2019 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

I cook with a lot of buttermilk!!

Buttermilk Cornish Hens ingredients

• 2 Cornish Hens (1 1/2 to 2 lbs each)
  • 1 1/2 cup Buttermilk
  • 2 Garlic Cloves
  • 1 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1 tsp Onion Powder
  • 1 tsp Paprika
  • 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
  • 1 tsp Dried Parsley
  • 1 tsp Dried Oregano
  • 1/4 tsp Thyme
  • 1/4 tsp Rosemary
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • instructions
    1. Rinse the Cornish Hens, including the cavity. Dry with paper towel, set aside.
    2. In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, fresh garlic, paprika, chili powder, oregano, onion powder, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper.
    3. Place the Cornish Hens in the seasoned buttermilk, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
    4. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
    5. Pat dry the Cornish Hens, to remove the excess buttermilk and let them come to room temperature
    6. Place the Cornish Hens on a roasting pan, cover with aluminum foil and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until they’re fully cooked through.
    7. The final 15 minutes uncovered.
    8. Brush with a little butter

NEXT INGREDIENT:  SAZON SEASONING (sazon goya)

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Esteemed Contributor

Image result for tostones with picadillo

PICADILLO RECIPE

Cuisine: Cuban

INGREDIENTS

• 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • ½ green bell pepper, diced
  • 2 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
  • 1 ½ lbs. Ground beef (I have substituted ground turkey and it’s still awesome)
  • 1 tsp. Salt
  • ½ tsp. Pepper
  • 1 envelope Sazón (Goya Brand)
  • 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
  • 1 small can tomato paste
  • ¼ cup dry white wine (the cheaper, the better!)
  • 4 Tbsp. Pimiento-stuffed green olives, sliced
  • 1 small box of dark raisins (snack size)
  • ½ tsp. Cumin
  • ½ tsp. Oregano

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion, green pepper and garlic until the onion is transluscent.
  2. Add the ground beef and brown over medium heat.
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients and continue cooking until meat is tender and completely cooked through. About 25 minutes.
  4. Serve over white rice with tostones. (fried plaintain)
  5. Makes 6 servings.

Next ingredient:  Thyme

Trusted Contributor

@forrestwolf,  So glad you are posting again because you have been sharing some great recipes!  I think these (tsp and Tsp) are the same abbrevisation for 'teaspoon' but thought I'd check with you.  They are the same, right?  And have you ever used chicken instead of cornish hens to make this entree? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: MARCH 2019 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

@vabreeze  Just to clarify.....and Hello...and Thanks....Tsp = teaspoons and Tbs=tablespoons...sorry, had 2 pups helping me type tonight....as every other night for that fact....Please try the recipe...My dad liked it when I made it for him....Buttermilk makes for a tangy taste, much like lemon....I changed the tsp and Tbs to hopefully make it easier......

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Esteemed Contributor

I usually use tsp and Tbsp simply because it is easy!

Next ingredient:  Thyme

Valued Contributor

Mario Batali turned out to be not so nice of a person; however, before I knew that, I was introduced to his recipe for tomato sauce that doesn’t have a bit of the usual basil.

He uses thyme.  I liked it and I use this recipe quite often.

Mario Batali’s tomato sauce

How to Make It

In a saucepan, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the onion and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened and just starting to brown, 10 minutes. Add the carrot and thyme and cook, stirring, until softened, 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and their juices and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately low heat, stirring, until thickened and reduced to 5 cups, 30 minutes. Season with salt.

next ingredient:  frozen peas

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

rrpell.....thanks for posting your good recipe using thyme.  We have moved into the April game now.....maybe  we can use Frozen Peas as a "next ingredient" there.  

Valued Contributor

whoops!  Oh gosh.  Thank you for reminding me what month it is🙂

I’ll move over to April!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela