Honored Contributor

Mini Corn Dog Muffins

Mix up one 8.5 oz box of corn muffin mix according to package directions.  Heat oven to 375 degrees and spray a mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Divide the batter among the muffin cups (small cookie scoop is helpful). 

Slice a a couple of HOT DOGS into 1" pieces.  Put one piece in each muffin cup.  Bake 10-12 minutes.  Serve with honey mustard or spicy ketchup for dipping, if desired.

NEXT INGREDIENT ..... STRAWBERRIES

Super Contributor

Grandma’s Old-Fashioned STRAWBERRY Shortcake

• 6 cups sliced fresh STRAWBERRIES

• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

SHORTCAKE:
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
• 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
• 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream

TOPPING:
• 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine STRAWBERRIES with sugar and vanilla; mash slightly. Let stand at least 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.

Preheat oven to 400°. For shortcake, whisk together flour, 4 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add buttermilk; stir just until combined (do not overmix). Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with 2 tablespoons heavy cream; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake until golden, 18-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.

For topping, beat heavy whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. To serve, cut biscuits in half; top with STRAWBERRIES and whipped cream.

NEXT INGREDIENT: CHOCOLATE CHIPS

Honored Contributor

Mini-CHOCOLATE-CHIP  Cupcakes

Beat together.....

1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened 

1 egg

1/2 cup sugar

pinch of salt

Add......1 cup CHOCOLATE CHIPS

Set aside.

Mix together......

1 1/2 cups flour

1 cup sugar

1/4 cup cocoa

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup water

1/3 cup vegetable oil (or canola, etc)

1 teaspoon vanilla

Grease 3 or 4 mini-muffin tins.  Fill with 1/3 of the chocolate (cocoa) mixture.  Put one teaspoonful of the CHOCOLATE CHIP mixture on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

* Makes approximately 48....I had more of the chocolate mixture left than cream cheese mixture.  Very good....think I am repeating myself here but it has been awhile.

NEXT INGREDIENT ...... BUTTERMILK

Trusted Contributor

Oh so old and SOOOO Southern......Chose your flavor!!!

Too simple, but sooo good...

Buttermilk Congealed Salad

Ingredients
  • 1 can crushed pineapple (20 ounces)
  • 2 Cups buttermilk
  • 8 ounces whipped topping
  • 2 small boxes gelatin (your flavor choice)
Instructions
  1. Heat Pineapple in juice, bring to a boil. Add jello and mix well. Remove from heat and add Buttermilk, stir. Allow to cool for twenty to thirty minutes. Stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate.

NEXT INGREDIENT: MUSHROOMS

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

I think I got this recipe here.  If so, thank you to original poster.  It is easy to fix and very good!

Honey Bourbon Steak Tips

2-4 hours before cooking or dinner time.....Mix together using whisk.....

1/3 cup honey

1/3 cup bourbon

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or less)

2 cloves garlic, minced

Cube 1-2 lbs. sirloin steak and add to the marinade.  Refrigerate 2-4 hours.

When ready to eat......heat 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil and 2 Tablespoons butter over med-hi heat in cast iron pan.

Remove steak cubes from marinade (discard marinade) and cook to your doneness (med, rare, well, etc) 10-15 minutes.  Remove meat and keep warm.

Take 1 package of MUSHROOMS, quartered, add 1 Tablespoon butter to pan and saute' MUSHROOMS a few minutes.  Return steak to pan and heat together.

NEXT INGREDIENT ...... BREAD CRUMBS

Super Contributor

ROASTED SPRING ONIONS

4 bunches spring onions, trimmed, halved lengthwise

6 sprigs thyme 

6 tablespoons olive oil, divided

Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper 

1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth

1 cup fresh BREAD CRUMBS

1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss onions and thyme with 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a shallow 13" x 9" baking dish. Add stock and roast until tender, 30 - 35 minutes.

When onions are almost done roasting, toss BREAD CRUMBS and zest with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Toast on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing halfway through until golden brown, 8 - 10 minutes. Serve onions topped with BREAD CRUMBS.

NEXT INGREDIENT: COFFEE OR ESPRESSO

Honored Contributor

Easy Tiramisu with Pound Cake

(Taste of Home)

tiramisu.jpg

Ingredients

• 1 package (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
  • 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
  • 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed

Directions

1. Cut cake into nine slices. Arrange in an ungreased 11x7-in. dish, cutting to fit if needed. Drizzle with coffee.

2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add chocolate syrup. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Refrigerate until serving.

Next ingredient:  baby back ribs 

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Quick and easy oven baby back ribs

INGREDIENTS

• 1 rack baby back pork ribs
  • Dry Rub
  • Classic Barbecue Sauce (your favorite)

PREPARATION

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Place 1 rack of baby back pork ribs on a large piece of foil. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Place fat side up on the foil.
  3. Cover ribs with a second piece of foil and fold each edge tightly so moisture is sealed in.
  4. Bake in preheated over for 1 hour.
  5. Remove ribs from oven and unwrap foil.
  6. Brush with Classic Homemade Barbecue Sauce, or similar and place fat side down.
  7. Return ribs to oven, foil still open. Cook 20 minutes.
  8. Brush with barbecue sauce again, cut, and serve. Enjoy!

Next ingredient:  Cabbage

Honored Contributor

@Zhills 

Thank you for the recipe.  I rarely make ribs - can't even remember the last time I did. I have a rack of them in my fridge and I'd planned on cooking them tonight but our plans changed.  They'll be on the menu next week and I'll be following your directions.

Next ingredient: cabbage

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

corn beef and cabbage

2 cans of canned corn beef

i head ofcabbage

1.4 lb butter

salt

pepper

shred cabbage and place on a sheet of foil that has been line with parchment paper.  salt and pepper to taste.  chop butter into small pices and place on cabbage..  place corn beef in the middle of the cabbage and the bring foil up the side of the dish to cover.  place in 350 oven until cabbage is tender ( aabout 30 to 40 minuites)

serve