Respected Contributor

KATIE LEE LOOKS LIKE ALI MCGRAW FROM LOVE STORY - JUST GORGEOUS.

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl  I liked this recipe and tried it on my men. It wasn't a hit. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

I don't know who Katie Lee is but I thought the same thing when I saw the picture. 

Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby   I have always thought so too, from the first time I saw her on the Food channel.  I even looked her up to see if she were related to Ali McGraw.  She isn't.  I've heard everyone has a doppelgänger. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

A new lemony 'assistant' from Trader Joe's

Limone Alfredo

A bowl with a shrimp pasta using the Limone Alfredo with the bottle of sauce in the background.

Inspired by a well-known & well-loved dish at an equally well-known & well-loved Italian restaurant here in Los Angeles, Trader Joe’s Limone Alfredo tastes like a bright, sunny spring afternoon… you know, if said spring afternoon was, say, mixed with whole milk, whipping cream, butter, & real Parmigiano Reggiano...

Made in Italy, exclusively for us, this zesty, creamy Alfredo Sauce is perfect with long-cut pasta like Trader Joe’s Italian Linguine or Papardelle, but you can also go with Trader Joe’s Italian Penne Rigate or Italian Farfalle. Serve it flanked with Trader Joes’s Just Chicken, or Medium Cooked Shrimp, and topped with Trader Joe’s Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano, lemon zest, and a bit of parsley. We quite like it in our Linguine Limone Alfredo with Shrimp recipe.

Not in the mood for pasta? Never you mind! Trader Joe’s Limone Alfredo is also a delicious as a sauce for stand-alone seafood or chicken (add some capers, and you’ve practically got chicken piccata!)

We’re selling each 15-ounce jar of Limone Alfredo Sauce for $3.49, while they last. Find it in our grocery aisle.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor
Linguine Limone Alfredo with Shrimp

Serves: 2 - 3 Prep Time: 2 Minutes Cooking Time: 10 - 15 Minutes

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

In a large pot, bring water to a rolling boil; add salt if desired. Add noodles and stir gently to separate. Bring water back to a boil and cook 8 – 10 minutes or until desired doneness is reached.

Remove from heat and drain pasta well. Place pasta back in empty pot.

In a medium skillet, melt butter. Once melted, add shrimp and garlic; sauté for 2 – 3 minutes, just until shrimp are thoroughly heated.

Add sauce and shrimp to noodles and mix until thoroughly coated. Add parsley if desired and salt to taste.

Serve and enjoy!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Dinaki wrote:

By..., I am heading to the kitchen room and I will prepare Chi-town girl recipie for tonight's dinner.

@Dinaki  - so you are our Greek goddess!?! 

We usually attend an annual summer Greek festival - the food is AMAZING, lots of music, dancing,  ouzo is flowing. ..

One of the food stands sells a Greeek pasta with a side of sliced sesame seed bread. It's so yummy. It's a light summer pasta made with butter and Greek cheese

I think we can use the Katie Lee lemon pasta recipe and substitute a greek cheese for the Parmesan to make it a Greek pasta? 

@Chi-town girl 

Great idea!  I absolutely love Feta. 

Do you have anyother suggestion on what you would consider Greek cheese?

I was thinking of adding chick peas to that pasta dish!

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@MoonieBaby 

I was thinking the same thing!

She is stunning!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

A new lemony 'assistant' from Trader Joe's

Limone Alfredo

A bowl with a shrimp pasta using the Limone Alfredo with the bottle of sauce in the background.

Inspired by a well-known & well-loved dish at an equally well-known & well-loved Italian restaurant here in Los Angeles, Trader Joe’s Limone Alfredo tastes like a bright, sunny spring afternoon… you know, if said spring afternoon was, say, mixed with whole milk, whipping cream, butter, & real Parmigiano Reggiano...

Made in Italy, exclusively for us, this zesty, creamy Alfredo Sauce is perfect with long-cut pasta like Trader Joe’s Italian Linguine or Papardelle, but you can also go with Trader Joe’s Italian Penne Rigate or Italian Farfalle. Serve it flanked with Trader Joes’s Just Chicken, or Medium Cooked Shrimp, and topped with Trader Joe’s Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano, lemon zest, and a bit of parsley. We quite like it in our Linguine Limone Alfredo with Shrimp recipe.

Not in the mood for pasta? Never you mind! Trader Joe’s Limone Alfredo is also a delicious as a sauce for stand-alone seafood or chicken (add some capers, and you’ve practically got chicken piccata!)

We’re selling each 15-ounce jar of Limone Alfredo Sauce for $3.49, while they last. Find it in our grocery aisle.

@Chi-town girl 

Okay now I am drooling!  I am surprised at the price!

I am not allowed in TJ.  I can't seem to come outta there w/o 2 carts full, so I had to ban myself!  LOL

This may force me back !

Thanks for sharing it!  (and I have shrimp in the freezer!)

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Dinaki wrote:

By..., I am heading to the kitchen room and I will prepare Chi-town girl recipie for tonight's dinner.

@Dinaki  - so you are our Greek goddess!?! 

We usually attend an annual summer Greek festival - the food is AMAZING, lots of music, dancing,  ouzo is flowing. ..

One of the food stands sells a Greeek pasta with a side of sliced sesame seed bread. It's so yummy. It's a light summer pasta made with butter and Greek cheese

I think we can use the Katie Lee lemon pasta recipe and substitute a greek cheese for the Parmesan to make it a Greek pasta? 

@Chi-town girl 

Great idea!  I absolutely love Feta. 

Do you have anyother suggestion on what you would consider Greek cheese?

I was thinking of adding chick peas to that pasta dish!

@RespectLife  - I would LOVE to see Greek cheese recommendations from @Dinaki