Esteemed Contributor

Lazy Day cooking or "fixing."

Today I browned some ground beef....added  seasonings...Small can of carrots, peas, mushrooms and minced onion...Covered with Schwan's frozen mashed potatoes and baked in toaster oven 20 mins.

Walla!  Shepherd's Pie!  Suprisingly delicious!

Honored Contributor

Re: Lazy Day cooking or "fixing."

I love those Schwan's mashed potatoes when I don't feel like boiling fresh ones.  No shredded cheddar on top?  

Respected Contributor

I'm tired today after working plus its so darn hot out....not to mention I feel lazy.... I'm just making for dinner subs or hoagies, as they say.  I have fresh Italian cold cuts from the deli and freshly baked rolls.  I have all the toppings and condiments so everyone can just help themselves.  🍞🧀🍖🍽

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

Not a cheese lover.  

Since I cook for one some dishes are not so easy to create.  This one turned out well.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zhills The shepard's pie sounds delicious, my DH loves that.  I was planning on angel hair with pesto and salad but it's so hot in S Florida, we just finished having BLTs instead..

Esteemed Contributor

Well it's been wicked hot here lately, but today was in the 70s.  So, I have no excuse - just had a plain old lazy day and loved every minute of it.

For supper - it's just me and my furbaby - opened a can of tuna.  I had tuna salad in a pita pocket.  Eddy prefers his tuna straight:  tuna over kibble.  We both enjoyed our meals.  Actually, Eddy had seconds...Woman Wink.

Must say everyone's meals sounded yummy!!!