Respected Contributor

weather here in the quadcities have been horrible with high heat and humidity.my appetite  has really dwindled because of this.i find myself drinking a lot of ice water with a lemon twist.very refreshing.anyone else feel this way?

Respected Contributor

Knew the heat & humidity was coming so bought my favs for making sandwiches & some deli items...rosterrie chicken, potato salad & coleslaw. This girl still has to eat!

Respected Contributor

It's normal summer weather for me in SC, heat & humidity making us have "feels like" temps in the high 90s/low 100s for about a month or so now. I haven't eaten anything hot...except coffee...since the beginning of July. I drink about 64 oz of water every day, adding orange, lemon, and lime slices sometimes, sometimes nothing but plenty of ice. The air conditioner is my best friend Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

weather here in the quadcities have been horrible with high heat and humidity.my appetite  has really dwindled because of this.i find myself drinking a lot of ice water with a lemon twist.very refreshing.anyone else feel this way?

Same here!  I feel ill with this heat and end up eating snacks then rather a full meal....tons of water as I am a water freak....lol

Esteemed Contributor

Have been creative in making all kinds of combo fresh salads . I still have tomatoes,  cubanelle peppers , green peppers, Anaheim peppers , zucchini  and kale.  I have  been consuming cold traditional salads with balsamic some with granola & cranberries along with some  beets ,  fennel , goat cheese ,  and portobello.  It's been so hot here  that  a salad is all I want .

Esteemed Contributor

The heat doesn't stop me from eating. But then again if it did I wouldn't eat from May to October. It's 110 right now in Phoenix. I had Mac and cheese for dinner. 

Honored Contributor

I just had this conversation with a friend.  We had string of 90 plus degree days and I mentioned that I lose my appetite when it's this hot,  even when I'm in the ac all day.  She couldn't relate, she makes heavy meals all year long, regardless of the weather.  My dinner will be a fruit plate with cheese and crackers after it gets dark. She was frying pork chops to go with Mac and cheese.  The rest of my family eats light in this weather too.  They were talking about having submarine sandwiches delivered.  

Honored Contributor

Please Google "Heat Prostration".    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

oh yes,good old arizona.ive been to Scottsdale a few times,but always go in the winter.yes,I know your summers are brutal,but isn't your humidity low?yes, my ac is my best friend.oh believe me,I could probably live off of body fat for days! I read,next week is supposed to be a little better

Respected Contributor

I just looked up.im not dizzy,or clammy,or queasy.just no appitite!