Trusted Contributor

I recently got a copy of a recent cookbook from America's Test Kitchen, titled Just Add Sauce, and wanted to let y'all know about it. I feel like it's a book I've wanted all my life, but didn't know it. It immediately made my short can't-do-without-it list.

The book contains a complete rundown on all types of sauces, condiments, dressings, relishes, and more. There are pan sauces, cold sauces, stir-fry sauces, simmer sauces, gravies, dips...all organized by category, with multiple variations and recipes using each. 

It's fabulous. Most of the recipes are simple or fairly simple. If I master a set of these recipes, I think maybe I'll never need a recipe for anything else again.

Contributor

Re: Just Got A Great Cookbook

I agree. I have pretty much all their cookbooks and they are incredible. The show is also ecellent an I watch every episode.

Esteemed Contributor

@KaySD, thanks for posting.  I just put on hold at the library.  If I like it, I will buy it.  Love America’s Test Kitchen.  LM

Honored Contributor

We love their cookbooks and used to subscribe and have some monthly issues of recipes. We also watch them on PBS every weekend - love the entire group, all they cook, techniques.

Honored Contributor

I love ATKs cookbooks, I get mine from the library

Esteemed Contributor

@KaySD

Thank you for posting about your cookbook! I have many a cookbook, but lost interest in anything further because there was nothing, really, that caught my interest...until, I saw your post!

I can see where a sauce would take a hum-drum hunk of meat (or a dessert) and elevate it, especially for company.

Respected Contributor

@KaySD

So how many copies did you buy??   It's out of stock.

Enjoy.

I buy the annual TV show cookbook every year, it's a huge book and once a year they offer it for $19.99 and free ship.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling I just bought it paperback, from Amazon, $19.95. Go there you can get it.

Trusted Contributor

i am on hold for it at the branch taht i work at.  this is why i love working at the library.  i get to see all the nw books as they come in and can get  on a hold for them

Valued Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

I recently got a copy of a recent cookbook from America's Test Kitchen, titled Just Add Sauce, and wanted to let y'all know about it. I feel like it's a book I've wanted all my life, but didn't know it. It immediately made my short can't-do-without-it list.

The book contains a complete rundown on all types of sauces, condiments, dressings, relishes, and more. There are pan sauces, cold sauces, stir-fry sauces, simmer sauces, gravies, dips...all organized by category, with multiple variations and recipes using each. 

It's fabulous. Most of the recipes are simple or fairly simple. If I master a set of these recipes, I think maybe I'll never need a recipe for anything else again.

@KaySD, Thanks for the info, I just ordered it!   Heart