Esteemed Contributor

LEMON ICE BOX PIE

An easy no-bake pie that is sure to be a hit with lemon lovers.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1/2 -3/4 cups lemon juice (to taste)
  • 1 graham cracker crust
INSTRUCTIONS
  • Beat together egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk.
  • Add lemon juice and beat together for 2 minutes.
  • Pour into the graham cracker crust.
  • Chill in the refrigerator until set.

Next ingredient:  Fresh tomatoes

Honored Contributor

Leafy Taco Salad

1 lb. lean ground beef

2/3 cup water

1 pkg. taco seasoning

1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce, torn

1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed

2 FRESH TOMATOES, chopped

5 green onions, sliced

1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1 cup salsa

1 cup sour cream

Tortilla chips

Brown beef; drain.  Stir in water and taco seasoning; turn heat to medium-low.  Cook another few minutes until most liquid has evaporated.

Arrange lettuce on 6-8 salad plates.  Add a scoop of meat mixture, then remaining ingredients putting chips around salad.

NEXT INGREDIENT ...... BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS

Honored Contributor

@Zhills 

I would love to make that lemon pie tonight, but I'm a little concerned about the raw eggs. Have you ever made it yourself?  Do you think there is cause for my concern?

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat   Sorry, I just saw this.  The lemon juice "cooks" the eggs.  Thanks recipe has been around since the 50s.  Think it's OK!

Honored Contributor

@Zhills 

Thanks for the clarification.  I was planning to make it last night, but only had two lemons.  My next trip to the store I'm going to get a bag of them and give it a try.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: JUNE 2019 RECIPE GAMEE

[ Edited ]

Thanksgiving Cake with BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS

i usually bake from scratch but I saw this recipe and it's so easy when I'm in a rush. I tweeted it a little.

1 box spice cake mix, 1 can pumpkin (meant to say puréed) 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1 pkg instant vanilla pudding, 3 eggs, 1-2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 cup water, BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS, as much as you like, butter and flour (just for coating the pan).

Preheat oven to 350. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl except the BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS. With a mixer, mix for 5 minutes. Then add in the CHIPS. I mix by hand, just until mixed in. Do not overmix. Butter and flour a bundt pan, ( I have made these as cupcakes (18-23 minutes) or 2 - 8x8 pans (30-35 minutes). Cook for 50 minutes or so but check after 50 minutes. Touch the top and see if set or use a toothpick in the center. Let the cake cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes.

I have also used cinnamon chips or pumpkin chips.

NEXT INGREDIENT: MARSHMALLOW CREME

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

No-Bake-Blueberry-Cheesecake_EXPS_JMZ18_23820_B03_07_2b-696x696.jpg

No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 22 wafers)
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • FILLING:
  • 1-1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
  • 2 tablespoons cold water
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
  • 1 cup marshmallow creme
  • 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Directions
  • In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of 6-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray; set aside.
  • In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool.
  • Place cream cheese in a small bowl; gradually beat in gelatin mixture until smooth. Add lemon juice and zest. Beat in marshmallow creme. Fold in whipped topping.
  • Puree blueberries in a food processor; fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon over crust. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.

NEXT INGREDIENT:  ROTISSERIE CHICKEN

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Buffalo ROTISSERIE CHICKEN

This is not a real recipe but here it is:

I put a lot of butter (or whatever you use as a replacement, you can even use olive oli) in a saute pan. I shred a ROTISSERIE CHICKEN and add that to the pan. When heated through, I then add Frank's Hot Sauce. If need be, add more butter, I cook it for another 10 minutes or so. Sometimes I cover and sometimes I don't cover it. You can put it on buns or on lettuce leaves. Sometimes, I put a little blue cheese or ranch dressing on the side. 

NEXT INGREDIENT:  CHICKEN SAUSAGE

Respected Contributor

Since it's so close to July, I'll just say a recipe for CHICKEN SAUSAGE and give another ingredient, since no one has come up with a recipe.

CHICKEN SAUSAGE, Beans and Broccoli Rabe Soup or CHICKEN SAUSAGE Italiano 

NEXT INGREDIENT : (Easy since it's the end of the month)  BLUEBERRIES 

Or we can wait for @momtochloe  to start us off for July. Thanks in advance @momtochloe !🍽😉

Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

Since it's so close to July, I'll just say a recipe for CHICKEN SAUSAGE and give another ingredient, since no one has come up with a recipe.

CHICKEN SAUSAGE, Beans and Broccoli Rabe Soup or CHICKEN SAUSAGE Italiano 

@Coquille 

It was bugging me that no one responded to that last ingredient, lol. We love chicken sausage in this house, but I didn't want to monopolize the thread. One of my favorite ways to serve them is with a simple marinara sauce and rigatoni pasta.

~ house cat ~