Honored Contributor

I got this recipe off the Cravings blog.  I liked the fact it was made mostly in the food processor.  I think it is a keeper for a quick sweet. 

1 cup flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 t fine sea salt
3/4 cup chopped lightly toasted pecans
1 stick cold butter (4 oz)
1 egg
1 cup raspberry jam at room temperature

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment.

Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and pecans in the bowl of the food processor and pulse 5 times to combine.  Add the butter and pulse until you see pea-sized pieces of butter but the mixture is otherwise incorporated, 15-20 pulses.  Add the egg and pulse until a loose crumbly dough forms.  You should be able to pinch pieces together with your fingers.

Press about 3 cups of dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.  Spread the jam over the dough.  Sprinkle the remaining dough over the top and bake until the jam is bubbly and the top is browned, 40 minutes.  Cool completely.  Lift bars out of the pan and cut into 16 equal sized bars. 

I never saw pea-sized pieces of butter.  This needs to cool completely so allow time for that.  Recipe says to use jam with seeds.

Respected Contributor

I used to make this recipe a lot and had forgotten about it. Thanks for posting it @DiAnne ! it was a long time favorite of mine 😋.