Respected Contributor

I get daily e-mails from Allrecipes (many of probably too) but there was one recently about biscuits.

I read the recipes and found one that was called Sadie's Buttermilk Biscuits.

They turned out wonderful!

Sub'd the lard for butter

Put the butter in the freezer and grated it before adding

Used up the buttermilk but ran short 1/2 cup so I sub'd milk.

Cut the rectangle in squares vs circles so I wouldn't overwork the dough.

Many of you have been probably making biscuits for years but this was my first time, I was raised with white bread and rolls and not biscuits.  

Honored Contributor

I love biscuits!

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling Welcome to the real world with your discovery of biscuits!  I grew up eating biscuits with milk gravy or molasses here in the south.  Biscuits and cornbread were our country upbringing and staples in our diet.  I still love them both.  

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I just discovered Hearth Bread ( our version is in Traeger cookbook ). Mix yeast, flour, salt and water ( no kneading ).  Let rest overnight, form into flat ball/lump.  Flour Dutch oven and bake. Best bread anyone in my family has ever had!

Respected Contributor

I have never made  biscuits before.i bet sausage gravy would be yummy on them

Trusted Contributor

Nothing better then fresh biscuits smothered with sausage and gravy.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling Congratulations on the success of your maiden buscuit baking voyage!!!👍😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I came from families where bread was always on the table at meals.  

My farm grandma made biscuits for breakfast on a sheet pan every day.   One of my favorite memories is running thru Grandma's kitchen grabbing a biscuit and leftover breakfast meat from the warming shelf of her wood fired cookstove.

For me, a biscuit can be the main part of my meal.  I'm perfectly satisfied to eat bacon, sausage, country ham, cube steak, pork chop, deer tenderloin, on a biscuit.  Milk gravy with sausage or hamburger on a biscuit is also a tasty favorite of mine.   I also love hot biscuits with slices of garden tomatoes, or jam, preserves, cooked apples, and even butter and syrup.  

The first thing I learned to make in the kitchen was cornbread and biscuits came next.   Hot bread is not found on our supper table more than once a week, and it's usually a roll, but I am still partial to a biscuit.   

Respected Contributor

So did I.....lol!

C69E29D8-78B7-4E49-BF1E-DCC1D5BB9F9C.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Few things are better than a fluffy, hot biscuit with melting butter.  I also favor next-morning biscuits, heavily drizzled with honey, for breakfast.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.