Regular Contributor

How are you cooking your turkey this year? Do you brine it? What do you brine it in?

Honored Contributor

Re: How to do cook your turkey?

Brine overnight, then smoke it.

Haven't cooked in the oven since we got a smoker.  Best turkey ever!

Honored Contributor

We prefer to keep it simple, just sprayed with oil, salt and peppered and roasted in the oven.   

Esteemed Contributor

In the oven, open roaster on a rack.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No , I don't.  I rub olive oil on the bird , stuff with fresh rosemary carrots, celery, onion pieces . Then rub the bird with  finely minced garlic , salt, pepper  or Montreal seasoning salt mix.

can make for a juicy turkey but it changes the texture of the meat

Honored Contributor

Just throw it in the oven.

Honored Contributor

Vegan turkey roast (this year from Trader Joe's -- they just came in and I bought two) with all the fixins....place in a pan with baby dutch potatoes, onions, and carrots,...roast.   Serve with stuffing, gravy, home made cranberry sauce, green beans, sweet potatoes w/roasted mini marshmallows topping, salad, ....end with home made pumpkin pies  with SOS salted caramel ice cream on top.  All vegan, all delicious!

Regular Contributor

I do brine it--water, sea salt, rosemary, another spice or two I cannot think of at the moment.  Then roast it in the oven.  I do need to get up the nerve to smoke it, but I'm afraid I'll mess it up.

Trusted Contributor

We cook our on the grill (even in cold Michigan weather) or the smoker.

Super Contributor

I put stuffing inside, lightly oil outside and lightly sprinkle pepper and paprika on the outside and into a roasting bag it goes.  It stays moist and really tasty.  Stuffing that doesn't fit inside goes into a baking dish and into the oven.