Honored Contributor

Re: How do you prepare beef stew?

@RedTop 

I don't buy beef very often, other than the organic ground beef which has always been kind of pricey.  I was shocked at the prices - one small chuck roast was almost $25.  Fortunately, I found a couple of packages of precut chuck for stew and it turned out beautifully.  It was still more expensive than I thought it would be, but much less than the roast itself and we got a lot of meals out of it.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@RedTop 

If I remember correctly, it is your daughter who is a trucker.  I'm reading this excellent book and thought of you. She might enjoy it. I apologize if I have you mixed up with someone else. I remember a poster with the nic "mothertrucker" - not sure if she's still active on the boards.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 7.22.09 PM.png

~ house cat ~
Regular Contributor

@house_cat ...about the time these boards froze up, I was going to send you a recipe.  By now, I am sure you have fixed your beef stew.  My recipe uses beef stew meat, carrots, celery, onions, large can diced tomatoes, also red wine....at the end potatoes.  Anyway...easy recipe in oven for 3-3 1/2 hours.  

Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

Yes, you remember correctly, my youngest daughter is a trucker.   

Honored Contributor

@Qwalker 

Thank you. I love reading the different variations and I'm sure the thread can help someone else down the line... or even me, as I seem to forget things rather quickly these days.  I can't tell you how many times I've started to post a question, only to realize I'd already posted it sometime back. Sigh....

~ house cat ~