Honored Contributor

Butterball Recipe - Stuffing Waffle Sandwich

I don't have a waffle maker but this looks like an interesting option for leftover Turkey sandwiches 😋

CC02B240-2FC4-4CD2-9A16-2B2FF2AA47AE.jpeg

Ingredients

1 package (16 ounces) turkey-flavored instant stuffing mix

1 egg

2 large sweet potatoes, mashed (can substitute russet potatoes, if desired)

1 (1/2-pound) cooked BUTTERBALL® Turkey Breast, sliced 1/4 inch thick

2 tablespoons whole berry cranberry sauce

2 tablespoons roasted turkey gravy

1 cup green beans

Special Equipment: foil, nonstick cooking spray, waffle maker

Directions
  • 1.Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Spread cooked stuffing onto baking sheet and allow to cool slightly. Transfer cooled stuffing to large bowl and add egg; mix well. Divide stuffing mixture into two portions.
  • 2.Place sheets of foil over two plates; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange stuffing portions on each plate. Press stuffing into compact circle (about the size of waffle maker) to form a stuffing patty.
  • 3.Let stand 5 to 10 minutes to firm up slightly. Turn on waffle maker; start reheating sweet potatoes and green beans.
  • 4.Once waffle maker is hot, spray with cooking spray and flip (or slide off plate with a spatula) stuffing patty onto waffle maker. Close top and press down slightly. Allow waffle to cook until golden brown and toasted.
  • 5.Place cooked waffle on cutting board; slice in half. Spread each half with warmed sweet potatoes and top with turkey, cranberry sauce, gravy and green beans. Top with second half of waffle. Serv immediately. Repeat with remaining stuffing portion.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Re: Butterball Recipe - Stuffing Waffle Sandwich

@Chi-town girl  Sorry, this doesn't look good to me. I like my waffles with strawberries and whip cream Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me either

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@Chi-town girl  Sorry, this doesn't look good to me. I like my waffles with strawberries and whip cream Woman Happy

No worries, you can just pass on the recipes you don't find appealing - that's typically what I do...Lots of people like sweet and savory combinations, thus the reason why I posted it 😉

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I showed this recipe to my husband and he wants to make this. He loves Stuffing. Thanks 

Esteemed Contributor

Mmm. I might try this , but maybe a sandwich panni  grill would work . I'll take my green beans on the side, however I love all 4 ingredients ( turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce , green beans )