QVC Social Team

I saw this pizza recipe posted by Daniel from Mama Mancini and it looks delicious. Although I do have a pizza stone, I have never made my own pizza and never knew that you had to warm up a pizza stone. Check out Daniel's blog with his homemade pizza sauce recipe and tips for making pizza. He promises to share his dough recipe later. I'm thinking I need to break out the pizza stone and give this a try - Daniel's Homemade Pizza

What do you love on your pizza?

Respected Contributor

Italian sausage, green pepper and onion are my favorites.  I think I need to get a pizza stone!

Honored Contributor

This is great, @Eva-QVC.  Thanks for highlighting this for us.

I read further and also saw his admonition against using pre-shredded cheese.  Now I'm even more determined to only buy whole cheese -- and full-fat, too.  Especially after doing even more research.  This is only one of the articles I found: http://www.foodrenegade.com/would-like-some-wood-pulp-your-shredded-cheese/

Oh, I like mozzarella, mushrooms, basil, spinach, maybe even some other greens like broccoli florets, and sometimes goat cheese.  No tomatoes or tomato sauce for me since nightshade foods (tomato, eggplant, white potato, peppers)aggravate my joint issues.  I like a cornmeal blend crust.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

I love onion pizza - kinda boring, I guess.  But. years ago when I used to make homemade pizza I would brown hamberger meat with onions, adding in a  taco seasoning packet,, peppers and muchrooms - whatever was in the house - briefly nuke the pepperoni (just to get some grease out) and extra cheese would be the topping.  I made the crust from scratch and would put it in a preheated 500 oven with a sprinkling of cheese over a brushing of sauce for five minutes.  And then put all ingredients on.  Duh! forgot how long I baked it.  And, also made a bisquick pizza dough for my Dad - his preference!

Don't have a pizza stone.  Used to have a ceramic baker and that did the job.  I find the stones to be so heavy and a pain to store. 

QVC Social Team

@GingerPeach wrote:

This is great, @Eva-QVC.  Thanks for highlighting this for us.

I read further and also saw his admonition against using pre-shredded cheese.  Now I'm even more determined to only buy whole cheese -- and full-fat, too.  Especially after doing even more research.  This is only one of the articles I found: http://www.foodrenegade.com/would-like-some-wood-pulp-your-shredded-cheese/

Oh, I like mozzarella, mushrooms, basil, spinach, maybe even some other greens like broccoli florets, and sometimes goat cheese.  No tomatoes or tomato sauce for me since nightshade foods (tomato, eggplant, white potato, peppers)aggravate my joint issues.  I like a cornmeal blend crust.

I had no idea about the shredded cheese either @GingerPeach - Guess I have to get the cheese grater out too! 

QVC Social Team

@eddyandme wrote:

I love onion pizza - kinda boring, I guess.  But. years ago when I used to make homemade pizza I would brown hamberger meat with onions, adding in a  taco seasoning packet,, peppers and muchrooms - whatever was in the house - briefly nuke the pepperoni (just to get some grease out) and extra cheese would be the topping.  I made the crust from scratch and would put it in a preheated 500 oven with a sprinkling of cheese over a brushing of sauce for five minutes.  And then put all ingredients on.  Duh! forgot how long I baked it.  And, also made a bisquick pizza dough for my Dad - his preference!

Don't have a pizza stone.  Used to have a ceramic baker and that did the job.  I find the stones to be so heavy and a pain to store. 

This sounds delicious @eddyandme - speaking of how long to bake your pizza, someone asked Daniel how to tell when it is done and he gives great tips for that down below his blog in the comment section. Very helpful for me!

Esteemed Contributor

@Eva-QVC

Thanx.  Used to bake that one a lot guess that why I remember it.  I'll have to look for a ceeramic dish that will take the 500 oven and check Daniel's recipe.  Try the taco seasoning sometime - it's simple and people love it.  Gonna start baking my own pizzas again.  Switched to bought 'cause got tired of making them - my folks always wanted homemade (even 'snuck' one into a hospital onetime for my Dad and his roommate.

Honored Contributor

Is this the lady who is on 'The Chew' a lot?    She does some serious Italian cooking!!

I don't go all out with the toppings, but for a few special ones.  

As much as I do like bell peppers and onions, I think they make a pizza smell like body odor.  How weird is that?  Smiley Happy

I like the cheeses and the meats, probably the most, and mushrooms or olives, spinach.  Keepin' it simple.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Is this the lady who is on 'The Chew' a lot?    She does some serious Italian cooking!!

I don't go all out with the toppings, but for a few special ones.  

As much as I do like bell peppers and onions, I think they make a pizza smell like body odor.  How weird is that?  Smiley Happy

I like the cheeses and the meats, probably the most, and mushrooms or olives, spinach.  Keepin' it simple.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt I had to chuckle at you body odor comment, as I have always thought that onions smell like body odor!  I thought I was the only one.  😆

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt