Re: Hello Forum Foodies! In the Kitchen with Moderators

@hollee

Wow

Regular Contributor

"Google" Huli Huli Chicken.  There are lots of recipes.Woman Very Happy

New Contributor

HI DAVID HOW YOU DOING, MY BIRTHDAY IS THE SAME DAY AS YOURS NOVEMBER 12. AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW DO YOU HAVE A RECIPE FOR OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES

Esteemed Contributor

Hi sexygrannie,

I doubt David will see your message on these boards.  I know he often does live chats on his shows and you could also leave him a message here;

http://community.qvc.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/10684

Since I am not watching the show right now, not sure what is going on but you might have a better chance of response leaving a message at the above link.

Have a nice evening!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@ChynnaBlue

please find the huli huli chicken recipe - made something like that years ago and my family would so enjoy it. Can't remember the particulars now....maybe someone has a recipe to assist my memory as well?

Beth 

Customer Care

@Beth-QVC, I looked online and couldn't find the one I used, so I finally found the printed recipe at home. Betty Crocker reformatted their site a few months ago and renamed this Hula Chicken, so my search didn't find it. My printed page still says Huli Huli Chicken, but it's the same recipe I used:

Slow Cooker Huli Huli/Hula Chicken

Ingredients:

cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
tablespoon rice vinegar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped or grated
tablespoon grated gingerroot
to 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
lb boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
can (16 oz) crushed or diced pineapple, drained, juice reserved

Directions
  • 1 In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, gingerroot and Sriracha sauce. Add chicken and crushed pineapple.
  • 2 Cover and cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or High heat setting 4 to 6 hours. Once chicken is cooked through and sauce thickened, remove chicken; shred with 2 forks. Return chicken to sauce, and turn heat to High. Cook, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened. If sauce gets too thick, add the reserved pineapple juice from the can.
  • 3 Serve warm over a bed of rice with a side of pineapple salsa, if desired, and chopped fresh cilantro.

Notes: I used chicken thighs because they always work better for me in a crock pot and don't get rubbery or dry. I used refrigerated ginger paste instead of freshly grated ginger and it worked well. I served mine over brown rice one night and Thai coconut brown rice the next and it was great with both.

Source: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/slow-cooker-hula-chicken/207b31e6-612a-4962-b717-0a063a160e5e

If you prefer a Huli Huli chicken recipe with bell peppers, give this one a try: http://www.simplegourmetcook.com/crockpot-huli-huli-chicken/

This recipe does not have any bell peppers, but

Respected Contributor

Sounds tasty and all, chynnablue, but "huli huli" literally means "turn turn" (like on a grill).. A crockpot, while it might make delicious teriyaki flavored chicken, really cannot be true " huli huli".......

now I'm craving a plate lunch.....

Contributor

@Honeybit - Thanks for the correction.  Lola posts great recipes and includes GREAT pictures!   

@spix- Thanks for finding and sharing the White Castle Burger Pie recipe. Mmmm!  

@sexygrannie - Welcome to the recipe forum! David doesn't hang out here, but you'll still find some great kitchen inspiration from our resident foodies.  I was able to find David's Cookie Exchange recipe collection. He has recipes for White Chocolate Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Oatmeal, Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies.  Here's the link:  Cookie Exchange

QVC Customer Care

@ChynnaBlue

Thank you and my family WILL thank you as well....

Beth 

Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

@spix

Yummy! This cake sounds delicious....generally baking is not my forte but I know my co moderators love this type of cake to sweeten our days! When I make this I will definitely post a pic. Thank you for this recipe!

Beth 

Customer Care

Respected Contributor

With Fall here and the cooler weather starting... I decided to pull out my pumpkin recipes.  Here is an all time favorite with two delicious layers...one pumpkin the other cream cheese..

PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE PIE- YUM

• 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
    • 1/3 cup sugar
    • 1 egg, beaten
    • 1 teaspoon real vanilla
    • 1 prepared pie crust ( uncooked)
    • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
    • 1/2 cup brown sugar
    • 2 eggs, beaten
    • 1/4 cup milk
    • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
    • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
    • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
    • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions
  1. With an electric handmixer, mix cream cheese,  1/3  cup sugar, egg and vanilla well. Pour into uncooked pie crust.
  2. Place in refrigerator to chill and thicken for approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
  3. In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and milk. Pour on top of chilled cream cheese layer.
  4. In a small bowl combine pecans, butter and brown sugar; set aside.
  5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Edge of pie may be covered with a foil protector for one-half of baking time to prevent crust from getting too brown.
  6. Carefully remove from oven and sprinkle pecan mixture around in a circle on top of pie. Place back in oven for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
  7. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Chill in refrigerator for approximately 3 to 4 hours before cutting into serving pieces.
Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!