Respected Contributor

Hatfield Seasoned Pork Roasts

Has anyone tried these pork roasts.  I have and they are delicious.  Available as pork tenderloin, pork loin or pork roast.  Different weights for different roasts.  Enough for 2 or 3 plus some leftovers. They roast up quickly and are very good, even in the air fryer.  Usually, pork is very dry and not too flavorful at least the pork I cook isn't too good.  I think Smithfield sells them, too.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hatfield Seasoned Pork Roasts

Yes I too like them, throw it in the crockpot on low  6 to 8 hours with a little water, potatoes and carrots and you got dinner. 

Esteemed Contributor

The one I get is not Hatfield, sorry I can't remember the name. I get mushroom and onion. flavor. Prep is 1 inch of water in crockpot add the roast and cook on high for 4 hrs.  They are really good.  Add mashed spuds and a veggie or two for dinner, and leftovers can be used for sandwiches.

Honored Contributor

I have never heard of them. I have seen different seasoned pieces of pork at the grocery store.

I use different seasonings on pork loin depending on how we want it.

We like to rub it down with olive oil, salt & pepper & put on the grill. Before it gets finished cooking we brush a mixture of peach jam, lemon juice & honey on it. Yum!!!

If we want it to have a bbq flavor we will use Head Country Seasoning on it. We also like pork with thyme, salt & pepper. I love the flavor of thyme.

Honored Contributor

I buy the tenderloins all of the time.  We have a Sharp Shopper store nearby and they always have these in their inventory for a really low price.  I buy them for $3-$4 each depending on the size and keep them in my freezer.

They have a few different flavors and every one I tried was good.

Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

Has anyone tried these pork roasts.  I have and they are delicious.  Available as pork tenderloin, pork loin or pork roast.  Different weights for different roasts.  Enough for 2 or 3 plus some leftovers. They roast up quickly and are very good, even in the air fryer.  Usually, pork is very dry and not too flavorful at least the pork I cook isn't too good.  I think Smithfield sells them, too.  

@coffee drinker  Yes! They are great! So delicious! I don't think they are available country-wide, but I wish they were. The company is right around the corner from my house. My husband used to be a USDA meat inspector and inspected the plant. He said it was the best plantt he has ever seen. I love Hatfield products!

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom   That's quite an endorsement regarding Hatfield plant being the best your DH has seen.  I sometimes wonder about the cleanliness of some of these meat packing places.  Can't think too much or I'd never eat meat or chicken ever again.

I do see more different brands of these seasoned roasts.  I have seen pork chops, but haven't tried them yet.  Pork chops aren't as tasty as they once were.  Too lean.  As Emeril says, "pork fat rules."

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@PA Mom-mom   That's quite an endorsement regarding Hatfield plant being the best your DH has seen.  I sometimes wonder about the cleanliness of some of these meat packing places.  Can't think too much or I'd never eat meat or chicken ever again.

I do see more different brands of these seasoned roasts.  I have seen pork chops, but haven't tried them yet.  Pork chops aren't as tasty as they once were.  Too lean.  As Emeril says, "pork fat rules."

I buy Reselli's from QVC. I smear them with olive oil, use garlic powder, smoked sweet paprika, salt and pepper, both sides. Air fry them for 5 minutes, turning during this time at 280. They melt in your mouth. Try it, I think you'll like it

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@coffee drinker I have an herb rub from the 1970 ed. of the Betty Crocker cook book.  It's always delicious.  I roast pork on 325 degrees and it's always tender and moist.  You might be over cooking if yours is dry.

Herb Rub

1 Tbsp each of garlic, salt, sage, and marjoram leaves.

Mix and pat on freshly rinsed pork.

Meat thermometer should reach 170 degrees. 

Respected Contributor

@HLPWhat do you mean "turning during this time at 280"?