YIELD: 3-1/2 dozen.

Ingredients

• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
  • 1/4 pound sliced Genoa salami
  • 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
  • 7 slices deli ham
  • 14 to 21 okra pickles or dill pickle spears

Directions

• 1. In a food processor, add the cream cheese, salami and horseradish; cover and process until blended. Spread over ham slices.
  • 2. Remove stems and ends of okra pickles. Place 2 or 3 okra pickles or 1 dill pickle down the center of each ham slice. Roll up tightly and cover. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1-in. pieces.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl  Looks so good!  How about a pickled jalapeno slice in the center?

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Chi-town girl  Looks so good!  How about a pickled jalapeno slice in the center?

That's a good idea @Sooner ! 

I like the idea of making appetizer rolls in advance. Wrapping in Saran and popping them in the cooler to pull out and cut in serving sizes when ready to serve. Need to remember to pack a sharp knife! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Ohhhh, I gotta try these...they look so good! Thanks for posting.  

Honored Contributor

Had a friend who made these for our monthly card parties we used to have---she made a huge platter full and within an hour or less, it was laid bare!!!  We DEVOURED them!! and no one could make them as good as she could! Not sure why but we kept telling her to make way more next time!! Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

These look great.  I'm going to do a trial run on them next weekend .  We have a family reunion in July that I may make them for.  Thanks! @Chi-town girl 

Honored Contributor

@Elodie2 wrote:

These look great.  I'm going to do a trial run on them next weekend .  We have a family reunion in July that I may make them for.  Thanks! @Chi-town girl 

You're welcome @Elodie2 . I'm making them for this upcoming weekend family get together 

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

Thank you for this recipe. I used a dill pickle because that’s what I had. I did cut them a bit bigger because it was for my husband’s lunch. He devoured all of them.

This recipe is a keeper.

Thank you again.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ham Pickle Pinwheels

[ Edited ]

Made these served with crackers.  Yum.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl ...yum, sounds good!  Thanks!  You post a lot of tasty recipes.  I grew up with a similar recipe only it was using bologna.  One slice of bologna, spread cream cheese on it, top with whole dill pickle, roll and slice. Repeat.  I like the horseradish added in your recipe...give it a little kick! 😁