Honored Contributor

All you need is hazelnuts, cocoa powder, icing / confectionary sugar, oil and vanilla extract to make your very own Homemade Nutella! It tastes incredible – smoother, softer, more hazelnutty, and most importantly, it tastes so incredibly pure, free of preservatives.

This tastes just like store bought Nutella – but better. This is a MUST TRY!!

Homemade Nutella - Hazelnuts, cocoa, confectionary sugar, vanilla and oil is all you need to make Nutella at home. Better than store bought! www.recipetineats.com

HOMEMADE NUTELLA

PRINT
PREP TIME
10 mins
COOK TIME
10 mins
TOTAL TIME
20 mins

A silky, creamy homemade Nutella! It tastes just like the real thing, with a slightly stronger hazelnut flavour and the pure taste of preservative free homemade goodness. This really will knock your socks off. A must try at least once in your life!
Author: Nagi | RecipeTin Eats
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 1½ cups
INGREDIENTS
250g / 8oz raw skinless hazelnuts (Note 1)
¼ cup (30g) Dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder (Note 2)
¾ cup (90g) icing sugar / confectionary sugar
2 tbsp hazelnut oil (or vegetable, canola, grapeseed or other neutral flavoured oil)
1 tsp vanilla extract
INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
Place hazelnuts on a baking tray, roast for 8 minutes or until golden. Transfer into blender.
Blend on the lowest speed until the nuts are ground into a crumb. Scrape down the sides as necessary. Then increase the speed to 4 until it turns into a paste. You may need to scrape down the sides - in my Vitamix blender, I did not have to. Then increase the speed as high as it will go and whizz until it becomes smooth with a consistency like honey.
Add remaining ingredients, then whizz, starting on low and increasing to high. Whizz until smooth - the sugar takes the longest to dissolve (Note 3).
Pour into a jar - it will be lovely and warm. Allow to cool to spread consistency. Do not refrigerate as the sugar will crystallise and it will become grainy.
Use as you do Nutella! Especially fabulous with Nutella Crepes!
NOTES
1. If you can't find peeled hazelnuts, just use hazelnuts with the skin on. Roast them, then place in a bowl and then put another bowl on top. Shake vigorously to loosen the skin then separate the nuts from the skin. Don't worry if there is some skin, it will whizz up smooth. You just want to remove most of the skin because it can be a bit bitter.

2. Dutch processed cocoa powder is darker and has a more intense flavour than normal cocoa powder. You can use a dark cocoa powder (which is darker than normal cocoa but slightly lighter than Dutch processed) but the Nutella won't be quite the same colour and the chocolate flavour is a slightly less (not that much, it affects colour more than taste).

3. It takes around 2 - 3 minutes in my Vitamix which is a high performance blender, so it may take longer in other blenders.

4. Nutrition per serving, assuming 20 servings (about 1 tbsp per serving).
NUTRITION INFORMATION
Serving size: 23g Calories: 122 cal Fat: 9.1g Saturated fat: 0.8g Unsaturated fat: 8.3g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 10.2g Sugar: 8.1g Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 1.5g Protein: 2.1g Cholesterol: 0mg

Homemade Nutella - Hazelnuts, cocoa, confectionary sugar, vanilla and oil is all you need to make Nutella at home. Better than store bought! www.recipetineats.com

You’re going to be amazed how easy this is to make. It’s as easy as 1-2-3:

1. Roast hazelnuts;
  2. Whizz until smooth (in my Vitamix!!!❤️); and
  3. Add cocoa powder, icing sugar, vanilla and oil. Whizz until smooth.
CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

Too much trouble.  I'd rather just buy a humongous jar at Walmart.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Nutella Crepes with Strawberries - The batter is a 10 second job when made with a blender! And you do not need a crepe pan, just a skillet! www.recipetineats.com

NUTELLA CREPES WITH STRAWBERRIES

The ultimate crepe experience – Nutella Crepes!! Tender crepes slathered with Nutella and stuffed with strawberries, the only problem with these is portion control. Just one more crepe, just one more….

NUTELLA CREPES

PREP TIME
5 mins
COOK TIME
10 mins
TOTAL TIME
15 mins

Because crepe batter is so thin, it can be hard to make the batter smooth and lump free, even with a mixer. I find the best, easiest and fastest way is to use a blender. The key step is to rest the batter for 1 hour to allow the bubbles to subside - this helps ensure the crepes don't tear when you flip them. I don't have a crepe pan, I just make this in my non stick fry pan. Spread your crepes with Nutella and sliced strawberries for an irresistible breakfast or dessert!
Author: Nagi | RecipeTin Eats
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: French, Western
Serves: 8
INGREDIENTS
Batter
  • 1 cup / 150g plain flour (all purpose flour)
  • 1½ cups / 375ml milk (I use low fat)
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tbsp / 40g unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp white sugar (optional, I find the Nutella makes it sweet enough)
  • Pinch of salt
Crepes
  • 2 tsp unsalted butter
  • Nutella (homemade or store bought)
  • Strawberries, sliced
  • Icing sugar / confectionary sugar, for dusting

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Place Batter ingredients in a blender. Pulse 10 times, or until smooth and lump free (I used my Vitamix - Pulse Button!❤️)
  2. Place Batter in fridge for 1 hour (Note 1).
  3. Heat a non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add ¼ tsp butter and melt.
  4. Add ¼ cup batter (Note 2) and quickly swirl to spread. Cook the first side for 1 minute or until there are light golden brown patches. Flip and cook the other side for 30 seconds.
  5. Slide out of the skillet onto a tray / board. Repeat with remaining crepes, overlapping them into the board. (Note 3)
  6. Spread Nutella onto crepe - as much as you want! Cover half the crepe with strawberry slices, then fold into half then into quarters. Transfer to plate. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with extra strawberries!

NOTES
1. This allows the bubbles to subside and prevents the crepes from tearing when flipping.

2. The amount of batter required will depend on your skillet size. The flat base of my skillet is 21cm / 8.5", the rim is 26cm / 10.5". For this size skillet, ¼ cup of batter is the amount I need to evenly cover the base with a thin layer of batter. You want it to be thin but not paper thin (i.e. see through). Refer to the video for visuals.

3. To reheat, stack them onto a plate and microwave for 10 seconds. Do not heat too much otherwise they are prone to tearing. Do not cover with cling wrap because it will sweat and make them tear.

4. The batter can be refrigerated for up to 48 hours.

5. Nutrition per crepe, assuming 1 tbsp of Nutella and strawberries (sliced) per crepe.

NUTRITION INFORMATION
Serving size: 117g Calories: 217 cal Fat: 11g Saturated fat: 7.7g Unsaturated fat: 3.3gTrans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 24.0g Sugar: 10.2g Sodium: 78mg Fiber: 1.6gProtein: 5.4g Cholesterol: 58mg

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

I always say...............recipe....who needs a recipe-just use a spoon-you don't want to dilute this in any way!

I did order this cookbook though...........

Nutella-The-30-best-recipes

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

i love Nutella.  now i love it in its jar all the more so now that i don't need to make it from scratch --- although i am sure it is indeed delish.    i happen to have some Nutella in the house since i have been tapped to make the simple fudge for upcoming choir rehearsal refreshments.  a real crowdpleaser.  otherwise i have to banish it from my kingdom as i cannot be trusted.  nope.  sure can't be........!!!

Respected Contributor

@catlover 

Thanks for the recipe!  I love hazelnuts!!

Honored Contributor

Yum Thx for sharing. I have never tried Nutella. I just made some peanut butter in my Vitamix.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the recipe!!!  Making it t home would be so much better!!!

Super Contributor

Thanks @catlover, that looks wonderful and only 20 minutes to warm, chocolatey goodness!  I would really have to control myself and not eat every delicious spoonful.

I will probably be making this in the Ninja, the big mama one from the infomercial.

Those crepes look fantastic also; bet they would also be good with sliced bananas.