Honored Contributor

I think I will make 3 salads for our Memorial Day weekend meals. The 2 pasta salad recipes that I just posted (Icebox + Caesar) plus this Greek Salad.

Good compliment for the Greek Chicken. I typically do not include the mint, green peppers or olives in my Greek Salad; will have them on the side for those that want to add them. We're going to grill the Greek chicken instead of baking it.

And I will have some pita bread pockets which can be used to stuff some Greek salad with chopped Greek chicken topped with crumbled feta cheese. Yummy!!!

I'm inspired to make the dressings from scratch. 

74DB8607-1BD1-4129-B845-CC300709B228.jpeg

This easy Greek salad recipe is a flavorful, refreshing summer side dish! If you make it ahead for a gathering, save a few mint leaves to add right before serving

Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Serves 4

Ingredients

Dressing

• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 
  • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • ½ teaspoon dried oregano, more for sprinkling
  • ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • ¼ teaspoon sea salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper

For the salad

• 1 English cucumber, cut lengthwise, seeded, and sliced ¼-inch thick
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
  • 5 ounces feta cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes*
  • cup thinly sliced red onion
  • cup pitted Kalamata olives
  • cup fresh mint leaves

Instructions

• Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, mustard, salt, and several grinds of pepper.
  • On a large platter, arrange the cucumber, green pepper, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, red onions, and olives. Drizzle with the dressing and very gently toss. Sprinkle with a few generous pinches of oregano and top with the mint leaves. Season to taste and serve.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

That salad looks so yummy....I always make my own dressings (the only exception is Follow Your Heart Ranch).  The dressing you make will always taste better....go for it!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you!  This would be good with grilled chicken we're having later this week Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl - Thanks for posting! I think I will definitely be making this as soon as I can!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

That looks good.  I've never made one before but have had them at restaurants.  I would do the same thing as you because I'm not a fan of the banana peppers, olives or mint.  I normally pick those things out in a restaurant too.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

It looks good.  That's a lot of cheese though.  I should make it for my Greek sister-in-law ("SIL" to some of you).

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It looks good.  That's a lot of cheese though.  I should make it for my Greek sister-in-law ("SIL" to some of you).

@ValuSkr - you can also put the feta cheese in a bowl on the side or crumbles. I like to buy the feta as a brick and cut it in cubes or crumble it

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

The STAR of this salad is the tomatoes.

Vine ripened locally grown will be the best for flavor.

Also, use good quality olive oil.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr 

One can never have too much feta cheese!  😏😏

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl This sounds yummy!! I can't wait to make it.  Thanks for posting awesome recipes.