Honored Contributor

Here are 10 terrific recipes for making pork ribs that include different methods of cooking along with various saucing choices:

https://www.delish.com/entertaining/g2179/pork-ribs-recipes/

Honored Contributor

Re: Got Ribs? Need ideas?

[ Edited ]

My ribs are a "Tale of Two Cities":  St. Louis-cut ribs rubbed with a Kansas City blend of spices (paprika, brown sugar, salt, and black and cayenne pepper), then smoked for 5 hours.

Honored Contributor

Easiest yummiest baby back ribs I ever ate are made in the oven.

I remove the membrane, rub down with salt, pepper & chili powder, double wrap them tight in heavy duty foil, cook @400° for 2 hrs. Remove from oven, brush with bbq sauce & put on the grill for a few mins. They always turn out so good.

We used to smoke them all the time but as I have gotten older my stomach does not care for a lot of that smoke.

These made in the oven are just as good IMO.

We have also made them on our Masterbulit Smoker, a large Offset Smoker, regular grill, oven, crockpot & pressure cooker.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz  I too have had great success with this method.  I am not a huge rib person and have been lucky enough to move into an area that has a grocery store that also does catering so they have BBQ ribs for whenever I do get a taste for them but I agree this is a terrific way of doing ribs (I substituted using the broiler instead of the grill but same yummy result)!

Honored Contributor

Re: Got Ribs? Need ideas?

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@Nightowlz  I too have had great success with this method.  I am not a huge rib person and have been lucky enough to move into an area that has a grocery store that also does catering so they have BBQ ribs for whenever I do get a taste for them but I agree this is a terrific way of doing ribs (I substituted using the broiler instead of the grill but same yummy result)!

@momtochloe

We have also done the broiler method instead of grill but like them off the grill better.

They also have them at the grocery stores around here & bbq places but I can make them cheaper & they taste 100% better.

They want $18-$20 for a slab of baby back ribs. I can almost make 2 slabs for that price.

The only place we will buy them already smoked is from the meat market that smokes them on Sat. They are $18 but at least they are good. They are closed on Sun-Mon so if they have any left on Tues you can get them for $10-$12. You can also get their smoked tri trip roast at a reduced price.

Respected Contributor

I like making them in the Instant Pot-dry rub of your choice first, then saute them in olive oil.  Then add half of a big bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce, 1/2 cup of apple vinegar and 1/2 cup of water.  Close the lid and set it for 20 minutes.  They are really good and so easy!

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter, Yes! That's the way we like our ribs here in St. Louis! Just a great rub and smoked on the grill for hours! No need for all that drippy barbeque sauce. The meat has an awesome flavor and just falls off the bone!