Honored Contributor

of Le Crueset today. 9x13 pan for that bread/roll recipe I put up not to long ago. Stoneware and glazed exterior should bake great.

Regular Contributor

Re: Just bought my first piece

[ Edited ]

I bought my first piece when LeCrueset was the TSV.  Absololutely love it.   I had been  a bit put off by the price, but the TSV was reasonable so I thought I would give it a try.  I am planning to purchase 3 more pieces when there is a good sale price, 6 Easy pays, or a TSV.  I sm very impressed with the even heat retention.  The things that I have cooked in the piece cooked quickly and evenly.  I am only sorry that I waited so long to buy LeCrueset.  I have noticed that America's Test Kitchen always rates LeCrueset the highest when they are testing any cast iron.  It is definitely an investment, but it will last a lifetime.  Then, your children can enjoy it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought mine with no shp and no sales tax.

QVC is not my choice any more takes to long. This place I use I'll get

on Fri by Fedx.

HipHipHooray.gif

Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 1.34.24 PM.png

Respected Contributor

I have the orange fire one exactly like you bought.

Advantage...bakes great

Disadvantage...it's so soooooooooooooooo heavy

Honored Contributor

I got the caribbean blue

yeah, I figured as much it would be heavy, but, mine I think isn't from France because if it was it would be more expensive. I paid the same price as what Q has it for, but, that's all I paid. No tax and no shp and FAST DELIVERY !

WIN, WIN all the way around

says made in Thailand, so, might be the same just made in cheaper place I guess. I really don't know. If they want 200 for a small saucepan then I got a 9x13 baker for 75 I figure yeah it's a real Le Crueset, but, something must be different. Ok, with me I don't pay over 100 for anything. Shoes, bags. Of course, sure, mixers, I do, but, kitchen pans, nah LOL

Respected Contributor

its stoneware, though, not cast iron, right?

Honored Contributor

yeah, after I got to thinking  on it I said hey that roll pan isn't that heavy cast iron. It's stoneware,so, guess that's why it's 'cheaper'. If you want to  call

75 bucks cheap.

Best biscuit/roll pan  I got is from King Arthur. That 'rough' interior and glazed ceremic on outside. I contacted them and asked if they had a 9x13.

Nope,so, did my own search and said Le Creuset has a  pretty one and suppose to be stoneware on the inside. Love that blue !

I'll report on  how evenly it bakes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE

I have 4 different sizes of  Le Creuset stoneware casserole/baking dishes.  Use them all and really like them.

Can't use them on the stovetop, of course, but they work great in the oven and are easy to clean.  I have no problems washing them in the dishwasher, either, although I feel the need to let the unglazed bottoms air dry for quite a while before using or putting them away.

Just a few days ago, I was wishing I had an LC enameled cast iron  9 x 13 casserole that I could put on the stove and then transfer to the oven, but had to resort to an oven-safe-only type of baker.

I think you will  like the stoneware.  Congrats on a good buy.

Honored Contributor

Everythingskitchen great kitchen  place (online) no tax free shp