Valued Contributor

Thank you again for sharing @beach-mom ! I made it tonight and it was a hit! 

I imagine your time spent in France was memorable and incredible. I've been saying for a few years that I want to go on a French cooking school vacation. We were joking that your recipie is the closet thing I'll get to that this year.

Honored Contributor

@Mellyg wrote:

I imagine your time spent in France was memorable and incredible. I've been saying for a few years that I want to go on a French cooking school vacation. We were joking that your recipie is the closet thing I'll get to that this year.

I'm so glad everyone liked it @Mellyg ! My grandmother gave me my first cookbook- a French one - when I was 14. The first thing I made was Quiche Lorraine, with Gruyere cheese. I still make it. Little did I know what that cookbook would lead to!

I actually got this recipe from a cookbook we did in my cookbook club about 10 years ago. It had recipes for meatloaf based on a few countries. I'll look tomorrow and post the name.

I love French and Japanese cooking (I taught in Japan). I'm sure you'd do a great job on some French dishes. My family's favorites are Coq au Vin, Beef Bourguignon, Cassoulet, and Croque Monsieur (actually we like Croque Madame, with the egg on top). You can also find crockpot recipes for some of these. Hope you get to make some of them!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: French Meatloaf

[ Edited ]

I'm in awe of your  culinary experience! 

@beach-mom wrote:

@Mellyg wrote:

I'm so glad everyone liked it @Mellyg ! My grandmother gave me my first cookbook- a French one - when I was 14. The first thing I made was Quiche Lorraine, with Gruyere cheese. I still make it. Little did I know what that cookbook would lead to!

I actually got this recipe from a cookbook we did in my cookbook club about 10 years ago. It had recipes for meatloaf based on a few countries. I'll look tomorrow and post the name.

I love French and Japanese cooking (I taught in Japan). I'm sure you'd do a great job on some French dishes. My family's favorites are Coq au Vin, Beef Bourguignon, Cassoulet, and Croque Monsieur (actually we like Croque Madame, with the egg on top). You can also find crockpot recipes for some of these. Hope you get to make some of them!  Smiley Happy

I'm in awe of your culinary experience @beach-mom! That is so neat that you've learned all that you have and it started with a gift from your grandma. I loved reading your  fascinating story!