Contributor

Last fall I had a recipe to freeze apples, sugars etc. in foil in the pie tin , then place in plastic bag in freezer. Then take out when you want a pie! Can't find the actual recipe but I baked mine today with a crumb crust...yummy so I guess I did it ok. Does anyone have the recipe so I'd know how much sugar etc? Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Freezing apples in pie pan

[ Edited ]

@Irishgirl555 I LOVE❤, but have never baked a FROZEN apple pie, but I found several recipes online for you! 😊 One is on TeacherBakerMaker.com for The Perfect Frozen Apple Pie, and one from SouthernPlate.com that you might like. There are very detailed instructions and lovely photos with the recipes. If not, there are several others that look promising! I hope you find one you like as much as your previous one! Youtube will also be a good source.🤞🤞 If you bake one, let us know how it turns out!🥰

Happy baking!!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@Irishgirl555 @Yum! I've got ice cream! On my way!😊😊

Respected Contributor

@Irishgirl555 great idea!

Esteemed Contributor

Apple pie.jpg

Here’s how to make and freeze apple filling for a two-crust pie:

Set a 22-inch sheet of wide aluminum foil over the pie pan you will use for baking. Mold it in the pan at the center point of the foil. Set a 22-inch-long piece of plastic wrap over the foil.

Peel, core and thinly slice 6 cups tart apples. Place them in a bowl.

Toss with 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
Stir in a mixture of 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt.

Pour apple mixture onto the plastic wrap in pie pan. Press firmly and form a rounded top. Bring edges of plastic wrap together to seal. Repeat with foil. Freeze overnight.

Remove pie plate. Set frozen pie-shaped apple filling “package” in a plastic freezer bag. Freeze for up to four months.

To bake apple pie, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set unwrapped frozen apple filling in a 9-inch pastry-lined pan. (Note: Do not let it thaw.)

Dot with 1 tablespoon unsalted butter. Place top crust over filling. Cut slits to vent.

Seal and flute crust.

Set pie on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 75 to 90 minutes or until filling is bubbling through the slits. (Note: Cover loosely with foil if crust gets too brown before the filling bubbles.)

Found  this on Pinterest!