Respected Contributor

stopped at a local stand today.i bought sweet corn.it was mouth watering.he also had cantaloupe and watermelon.to pricey for me.6 and 7 dollars ?uh ill pass.does anyone have a recipie for corn on the cob on the grill?I used old fashion stove top,but makes the kitchen hot

Super Contributor

We don’t usually grill corn but I also don’t know if you have ever tried microwaving it? Last summer I searched YouTube and found a great way, which now many friends use as well. I wasn’t sure if I could post a YouTube video here, so you can check it out if you would like. 

-No need to soak or shuck the corn.

-Each ear takes between 2.5 - 3 minutes. We like 2.5 but many friends prefer 3 minutes per ear. You will need to find your perfect time. 

-We microwave up to 4 ears, each come out perfectly. 

Place 1-4 ears of unshucked corn on a microwave-safe plate in microwave. 

Set timer for 2.5 - 3 minutes per ear.

We usually do 3 ears at 2.5 so 7.5 minutes total.

-Once cooked, grab an ear at the silk end using gloves/mitts because it will be hot.

-Place the ear on a cutting board and cut about an inch off of the bottom end making sure you cut a bit of the corn off so it slides out easily. 

-Hold the silk end and kind of shake the cob out. Once the cob emerges, you can pull the bottom while squeezing the top. 

-The cob comes out clean with no silk! Butter it up and enjoy!

We love this method for an easy, delicious way to enjoy corn on the cob with no fuss and no heating up the kitchen.  Hope you try it if it at all interests you.

Valued Contributor

@Luvsmyfam the best sweet corn i've made is "Jamie's Sweet and Easy Corn on the Cobb" at Allrecipes.  i use 1 tablespoon each sugar and lemon juice.  I often just heat water in kettle.  add boiling water to pot stir in sugar and lemon juice, then add corn.  Cover and let set in heated water for 10 minutes.  if any corn is left from this meal, each ear is buttered and wrapped in plastic wrap and used in taco wrap or salad at later meal. Love sweet corn.  i realize this is not recipe you requested but thought it might save some heat in the kitchen..  

Esteemed Contributor

I've also been using the microwave for my sweet corn, except I take the husks off prior to cooking. Rinse the husked corn under cold water, and wrap up in either waxed paper or a damp paper towel. Heat on high for about 3 minutes (depends on the size of the kernels).

The corn turns out great - very hot, yet doesn't heat up the kitchen like using a pot of boiling water.

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I've also been using the microwave for my sweet corn, except I take the husks off prior to cooking. Rinse the husked corn under cold water, and wrap up in either waxed paper or a damp paper towel. Heat on high for about 3 minutes (depends on the size of the kernels).

The corn turns out great - very hot, yet doesn't heat up the kitchen like using a pot of boiling water.

@jannabelle1  That's the way I do it. I do two ears at once for about a minute and a half to two. I was surprised how good it comes out.

Valued Contributor

I also microwave sweet corn.  I do cover it with dampened paper towel.  Comes out great.

Respected Contributor
Omg this sounds perfect
I have a 1000 watt micro will 250 mins work ok with this wattage?sure hope so
Thank u for this info

Esteemed Contributor

I put the husked corn in the crock pot with butter. Yum and easy.  I adore this time of year. The fruit and veggies are fabulous. 

Respected Contributor
Thank u everyone for this great info.cant wait to get another batch of corn
Respected Contributor
I'm going to try this method for sure.thank u