Trusted Contributor

Easy Cheesy Garlic Drop Biscuits

I needed something to go with the wedding soup I made yesterday, so I got my box of Bisquick out.  Funny, my  mom rarely used Bisquick and I'm the same way.  But these came out pretty good for being so easy.

Here's the original recipe.  I cut it in half and got 3 biscuits out of it, which was just perfect.

1 1/2 c Bisquick mix

1/2 c milk

1 c shredded cheddar cheese 

1 t garlic powder

Heat oven to 450.  Stir all ingredients until a soft dough forms.  Use a large cookie scoop and drop dough onto a baking dish  (I lined it with a silicone mat).  Bake 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.  I melted a little butter and added garlic powder in.   While they were still warm, brushed the butter on top.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Easy Cheesy Garlic Drop Biscuits

That sounds good, think I will try it with my soup later this week.

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Knit-Chick , Did they taste like Red Lobster 's  cheddar Bay bisquits ?  😋

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Knit-Chick , Did they taste like Red Lobster 's  cheddar Bay bisquits ?  😋

It's been a long time since I've had those!  They're similar but not as good.  They must use a lot more butter or something!   (boy, I could go for one of those now!).  I've seen the boxed mixes at the store but have never tried them.

Honored Contributor

Ive made this recipe for years, originally described as faux Red Lobster biscuits.  Maybe the can no longer use the name.  Yes, they're very similar. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Knit-Chick I've tried the boxed mix and it was pretty darn close to what's served at Red Lobster, and so easy, too. I've told myself not to buy the mix again, since I think I ate five of them when I tried it out. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I stir together 2 cups of Bisquick, 4 tbsp softened butter, 2/3 cup milk, and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar.  I like the addition of melted butter and garlic powder on top.  I might even add a few shakes of Old Bay seasoning after the butter. 

Honored Contributor

LOVE those biscuits with a Caesar salad!!!

Trusted Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

@Knit-Chick I've tried the boxed mix and it was pretty darn close to what's served at Red Lobster, and so easy, too. I've told myself not to buy the mix again, since I think I ate five of them when I tried it out. 

LOL - Good to know, but I'm going to pretend I didn't see your post!  I don't want to make these and eat them all!  I've been cutting back on my gluten intake, so the ones I made on Sunday were a little treat!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is essentially the recipe for the famous Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits.