Respected Contributor

Re: EASY, FAST and CHEAP Meal

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

What a great idea! ♥

I can make one half a "Meat Lovers" (for DH) and the other half a "Mushroom/Veggie" (for me) Smiley Wink

Sound great to me! 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Valued Contributor

@ciao_bella  thank you for posting this, those do look good and easy!  I too like the idea of ciabatta bread!

The last pizza I got for us which was a medium was 27.00!  It's a family owned and the best pizza but getting to expensive.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've been making these for years and you're so right - they're an excellent alternative to pizza. We like them better because the french bread is crunchy on the outside but still soft inside so it's easy to eat. I don't shop at Walmart anymore, but their french bread is excellent and quite the value!

Respected Contributor

I have made these as well in the past but to me there's nothing better than a real pizza from our favorite pizza place. Full disclosure though (pizza is my favorite meal).

Valued Contributor

What a great idea...thanks for sharing!
Respected Contributor

I started using the Pillsbury pizza crust from the refrigerator section of my grocery store. I prefer a thin, very crispy crust......would like to find something healthier than Pillsbury. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

I started using the Pillsbury pizza crust from the refrigerator section of my grocery store. I prefer a thin, very crispy crust......would like to find something healthier than Pillsbury. 

I pick up the raw pizza dough at the supermarket.  It's cheap and you can freeze it; a ball makes two pizzas.  I roll it out on one of those pie dough measuring sheets - which is nonstick; I do spray the rolling pin.  Hit pizza on the countertop oven and it's done in miutes.

I find homemade pizza is a good way to use up those veggies that have been sitting in the fridge too longWoman Wink.  And, making your own is much quicker than waiting for delivery.  

Honored Contributor

Sounds amazingWoman Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

The last couple times we had pizza I made the 2 ing dough popular on the internet. Thought it was going to be terrible but it was delicious. It’s only Greek yogurt & self rising flour. Cheap & really tasty.