Trusted Contributor

Did Anyone Use McCormick Vegetable Supreme ?

I know there are a lot of Penzey's and Spice Rack fans here, so maybe someone can suggest a new seasoning.  My best friend's daughter said she used McCormick Vegetable Supreme Seasoning Blend on so many things she doesn't know how to cook without it.  It has been replaced with McCormick's Perfect Pinch Vegetable Seasoning which tastes nothing like the other one.

Do you have any suggestions for her?

From the Label of Veg Supreme: 

SALT, SESAME SEED, ONION, SUGAR, SPICES (HERBS), MODIFIED CORN STARCH, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND COTTONSEED OIL*, CITRIC ACID, WHEY (MILK), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, NONFAT DRY MILK, AND FD&C YELLOW 5 LAKE.

From the Label of Perfect Pinch:

SEA SALT, ONION, BROWN SUGAR, GARLIC, MALTODEXTRIN, RED BELL PEPPER, BLACK PEPPER, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, SOYBEAN OIL, TOMATO, VINEGAR, PARSLEY, GINGER, ASCORBIC ACID, AND EXTRACTIVES OF ROSEMARY AND TURMERIC (NATURAL FLAVOR AND COLOR).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Use McCormick Vegetable Supreme ?

HoneyBit, I don't know if this will be helpful to you at all but in order to replace the McCormick's Perfect Pinch I am a big fan of the Spice House's Gateway to the North, Maple Garlic Seasoning:

Hand-mixed from: pure maple sugar, granulated brown sugar, coarse Kosher salt, Tellicherry pepper, garlic, onion, and green onion flakes. Sodium content: 101.89 mg per teaspoon; 2.78% sodium

The Spice House is a sister/cousin company to Penzy's and has excellent spices.  I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

HTH