Honored Contributor

Re: Deviled eggs

[ Edited ]

3 T Miracle whip

1 T mustard

1/8 t salt

pepper

several drops hot sauce or Tiger sauce

mix with egg yolks sprinkle with Penzey's smoked paprika.

You can use mayo if you don't like miracle whip which I hate but DH will not eat mayo. He also likes the Tiger Sauce better. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use mayonnaise, mustard, salt, a little pickle juice and a small amount of pickle relish.  I've never measured any of it.  I just start with a small amount and add to taste.  I mix all of this with a fork.  Sometimes I make just a couple of deviled eggs for me.  I'm often asked to bring them to family dinners.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I have been making them lately for get togethers.  The first ones were salty but no one seemed to mind. They went fast ! The next time I made them I Left out the salt just the mayo, mustard.  The recipe calls for white vinegar and I didn't have any.  Think they needed it. I have used pickle juice instead of the vinegar sometimes. 

QVC Customer Care

My recipe is about the same as the others.  The only thing I didn't see anyone mention is a small amount of sugar.  Just about 2 pinches, to help the medicine go down.  Smiley Happy  

Melvin, Customer Care

Respected Contributor

Melvin........

Actually one or two people did mention adding  a little sugar.  Some cooks might  say that adding sweet pickle relish adds enough sugar to the mix.  

Deviled eggs are just one of those things that are open to interpretation  and widely different tastes, and perhaps why they are a culinary classic.  Glad to have your input!!

Honored Contributor

Mayo, mustard, vinegar, little bit of "sweet" pickle juice (instead of sugar) and a dash of salt.  Yum.   If I want a Mexican flair to the meal I will add a bit of salsa instead of vinegar and pickle juice.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always get assigned to do the deviled eggs and potato salad.

With the warmest boiled eggs I can manage, I use Dukes mayo, a squirt of yellow mustard, and lightly salt and pepper and add a pinch of sugar.   I   prefer that to sweet pickle juice because I don't want extra liquid. Using a hand mixer, I whip the yolks before stuffing the whites and sprinkle with paprika.

Esteemed Contributor

I mix a small amount of vinegar and sugar (maybe 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of each) with the mayo, then add the yolks, salt/pepper, a dash of hot sauce, a little onion powder, garlic powder and sprinkle paprika on top of the filled yolks. I think it takes a lot of tasting to get it the way you want it....as one poster said, start with a small amount and add to it to make it creamy and tasty!

Honored Contributor

I use the Colman's Mustard Powder instead of prepared mustard because I like my yolks to stay firm, not creamy.   Too much wet ingredients can make it too mushy.

I do like mayo & a little bit of pickle juice and a dash or so of hot sauce.

I love Texas Pete Hot Sauce.   Dash of salt & pepper.

You are not finished until you sprinkle on the paprika when the eggs are stuffed.

If you don't have an egg plate, lay a few lettuce leaves on a flat plate to keep them from rolling around.

Respected Contributor

I use the usual mayo, mustard, onion powder, relush and top it off with paprika. To change it up, I sometimes put celery seed in and not the relish. I recently bought Trader Joe's everything spice. Next time I make the eggs, I'll use the everything spice in place of the relish.  It's great in scrambled eggs.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.