Honored Contributor

What do you mix with the yolk to put in the whites?

Respected Contributor

Re: Deviled eggs

[ Edited ]

a little mayo, mustard, some curry powder, or maybe even some pickle relish.

Honored Contributor

For 6 eggs how much curry, or a dozen, then how much? Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Deviled eggs

[ Edited ]

My deviled eggs  contain pretty standard ingredients---mayo, a little mustard which might be plain yellow or the more grainy or spicy types, salt & pepper, and paprika sprinkled on top just for color.

Sometimes I add a little sweet pickle relish, while some people prefer dill pickle relish in their eggs.

I've never actually measured out the ingredients.......I just pay attention to getting the consistency of the filling that I want and might or might not add a little more of this or that.  I taste as I go along to see if more of something is needed.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

For 6 eggs how much curry, or a dozen, then how much? Thanks.

i do by taste - start small because a little goes a long way.  maybe 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp to start - better to add! and honestly i just sprinkle it on and don't measure.  i love curry but maybe others don't like as much as i do so i do try to think of that.  but it does add a different twist.

Super Contributor

Mustard, mayonnaise, a little vinegar, a tad of sugar, salt and pepper.  once on the plate sprinkle with paprika

Respected Contributor

I use Miracle Whip, yellow prepared mustard, salt and pepper and a pinch of garlic powder.  I don’t measure either. Start out with smaller amounts and can add more of ingredients later to taste. 

Respected Contributor

@Nadine O wrote:

Mustard, mayonnaise, a little vinegar, a tad of sugar, salt and pepper.  once on the plate sprinkle with paprika

yes, i like to garnish with paprika too!  or sometimes i cut off small sprigs - a leaf or two -  of fresh parsley to put on top if i have time. 

Respected Contributor

I put in mustard, a little mayonaise, garlic salt and lemon pepper along with a little dill pickle juice. Then I sprinkle paprika on top of the eggs once I have them filled.

Trusted Contributor

Best ones I've made - mayo, little Grainy Dijon, little Black Pepper.  After stuffing, a little paprika sprinkled over top.