Honored Contributor

Premium Photo | Homemade cookies in shape of star and milk for santa claus  and christmas tree on table. close up.

As we said last month this has been quite a year for everybody but what a blessing that those vaccines were so successful so soon and prayers said they are able to get them out as quickly and safely as possible.  Talk about answered prayers!  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays my friends.  Please be safe, happy and healthy this holiday season . . .  Heart  

HOW TO PLAY.......
The first player of the month starts the game by posting their choice of recipe. At the end of the text, she or he types, "the next ingredient: xxx."
(The x's represent that person's choice of any ingredient that can be included in a recipe).
Throughout the game, the next poster in line must use the ingredient that the person ahead chose. If you can, highlight the ingredient and/or put it in capital letters anywhere that it is used throughout the recipe. That does make it easier for everyone to see how the game works.
Because of time or system delays, some duplicate posts occur to the same ingredient. The next poster generally responds to the first post for the next ingredient. Good recipes and lots of fun!!
Normally, we start out with a recipe so I will post the last one shared on the last thread and we can take it from there. Thanks to @walker    who gave us our next ingredient:

Monkey Bread Muffins

1 (12 oz) can biscuits, 10 in can

3 tablespoons maple syrup

1/4 cup butter, melted

2/3 cup sugar

1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

1/2 cup finely chopped PECANS

Preheat oven to 375.  Place cupcake liners in a 12-cup muffin pan.  With kitchen shears (or knife) cut each biscuit into 4 pieces; set aside.

In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and melted butter.  In separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and PECANS.  Dip each biscuit piece into maple butter mixture, then roll in the sugar mixture.  Place 3 or 4 coated pieces in each muffin cup, pressing down to compact.  

Bake the muffins for 15 to 17 minutes.  Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.  Serve warm.

NEXT INGREDIENT .... STRAWBERRIES, fresh or frozen

Honored Contributor

Re: DECEMBER 2020 RECIPE GAME

It looks like mtc and Zhills crossed at same time here. Zhills posted a recipe with Strawberries at end of November.  Thank you, mtc, for getting us started each month.  You do such a nice job!!   But, we can move on to her requested ingredient.....

NEXT INGREDIENT ... BEEF 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy December!!

This is a basic, quick & easy recipe, and a very forgiving one. If you don't have an ingredient, so what?, and if you need to substitute, that's fine too.
Feel free to add veggies of choice, & crushed red pepper flakes or hot chili oil for heat, etc.
Increase sauce amount as needed.
*I like to add some small carrot cubes to the onion when beginning the process, & also add a few teaspoons of rice vinegar to the sauce mixture.

Korean Ground Beef (Bowl)

Ingredients:
1 small onion, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp grated ginger, or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 pound ground beef  
2 green onions, thinly sliced  

*Mix together in small bowl:
4 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons mirin, sake or dry sherry
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon apricot jam (OR additional scant 1 T brown sugar)
1 teaspoon sesame oil  

*Garnish:
chopped green onions and sesame seeds, optional

*Heat oil in a skillet, and sauté diced onion for a few minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, stir to combine & push to the side of pan.
Turn up the heat and add the ground beef, breaking up as you go. Pour off any excess fat.
Remix the onions w/ the beef and cook off any moisture remaining from the meat. 
When it all begins to sizzle, add the green onions & toss, give the sauce a quick re-stir & add to the beef in the skillet.
Stir to combine & heat through. 
Done.

Serve over rice, garnish with slivered green onions and sesame seeds.

Next ingredient: peanuts, in any form
Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

OK. Peanuts are a no-go!!

How about, NEXT INGREDIENT: peppermint or mintSmiley Wink

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is one with both peanuts and mint that's light and delicious 

A bowl of Vietnamese cucumber salad.
Vietnamese Cucumber Salad

• prep time: 20 minutes
  • total time: 20 minutes
  • yield: Serves 4 to 6

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 pounds (about 8) Persian or Japanese cucumbers, stripey peeled
  • 1 large jalapeño, seeds and veins removed if desired, thinly sliced
  • 3 scallions, finely sliced
  • 1 garlic clove, finely grated or pounded with a pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
  • 16 large mint leaves, coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 cup toasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
  • 1/4 cup neutral-tasting oil
  • 4 to 5 tablespoons lime juice
  • 4 teaspoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • Pinch of salt

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Using either a Japanese mandoline or a sharp knife, thinly slice the cucumbers into coins, discarding the ends. Place slices in a colander. Sprinkle with a teaspoon of kosher salt. Toss and let drain 10 minutes. Transfer cucumbers to a tea towel and blot dry.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, jalapeno, scallions, garlic, cilantro, mint, and peanuts. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, 4 tablespoons lime juice, the vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, and a small pinch of salt. Dress the salad with the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and more lime juice as needed. Serve immediately.

Next Ingredient: MELON any kind

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse, that recipe is absolutely perfecto! Just what I was hoping for. It'll go wonderfully with Korean Beef! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks!

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

@GenXmuse, that recipe is absolutely perfecto! Just what I was hoping for. It'll go wonderfully with Korean Beef! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks!

Thank you-your recipe inspired my choice! ! These two pair wonderfully!

Respected Contributor

Let's pretend that it isn't December, and that we're back in the good ol' summertime, because the melon I choose is...watermelon. Smiley Happy

You really don't need a recipe, just some Tajin seasoning & a lime, & optional cilantro. 

Tajin (pronounced ta-heen) is one of the most popular spices here in Arizona, and it's deeelicious; a combination of chili peppers, dehydrated lime juice and sea salt. It's a flavor bomb, and is wonderful on so many things....even to rim a margarita glass. 

Chile Lime Watermelon Wedges 
Ingredients:
watermelon wedges, chilled
1 lime
Tajin Seasoning
cilantro, finely chopped, optional
  •  

*Lightly squeeze some lime juice over each watermelon slice, & season with Tajin, to taste. Sprinkle cilantro over the wedges. 

Place the watermelon wedges on a serving platter and serve promptly or refrigerate until ready to serve.

tajin 2.jpeg

tajin 2.jpeg

Next Ingredient: Carrots

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

Let's pretend that it isn't December, and that we're back in the good ol' summertime, because the melon I choose is...watermelon. Smiley Happy

You really don't need a recipe, just some Tajin seasoning & a lime, & optional cilantro. 

Tajin (pronounced ta-heen) is one of the most popular spices here in Arizona, and it's deeelicious; a combination of chili peppers, dehydrated lime juice and sea salt. It's a flavor bomb, and is wonderful on so many things....even to rim a margarita glass. 

Chile Lime Watermelon Wedges 
Ingredients:
watermelon wedges, chilled
1 lime
Tajin Seasoning
cilantro, finely chopped, optional
  •  

*Lightly squeeze some lime juice over each watermelon slice, & season with Tajin, to taste. Sprinkle cilantro over the wedges. 

Place the watermelon wedges on a serving platter and serve promptly or refrigerate until ready to serve.

tajin 2.jpeg

tajin 2.jpeg

O goodness. This is right up my alley. I actually have Tajín seasoning and I rarely get a chance to use it. Great recipe! 

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse, I'm glad you're happy about the Tajin! Smiley Very Happy

I actually travel with it. LOL!

It's great on grilled chicken or fish, and if you're gonna top any Mexican food with a dollop of sour cream, then dust that dollop with Tajin.

For lovers of avocado toast, it takes that to a new level of yumminess. I just love that burst of lime!

Next ingredient: carrots

Muddling through...