Honored Contributor

I'm making a big pot of this in my pressure cooker using the slow cooker function. It smells so good I can hardly resist ripping the lid off and diving in. I buy big bags of frozen boneless breasts or thighs, pressure cook them all at once, and save the meat for a number of recipes. I also save the broth which is a nice bonus.

Crockpot Chicken and Dressing

Ultimate Comfort Food

1 whole chicken, cooked, boned and chopped
1 6oz pkg stuffing mix
1 large onion chopped
1 cup chopped celery
3 eggs beaten
1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
2 cups chicken broth
1-1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/ 4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp butter cut in small pieces

Grease crockpot.  Combine all ingredients, top with butter.  Cook covered on high 3 hrs.  Do not remove lid during cooking.  Serves 10.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

That sounds so good. I love dressing. 

Honored Contributor

I think I like it so much because it tastes like the stuffing cooked in the bird, and it's so quick and easy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  Sounds delicious!! I love cooking in my crockpot.In fact I just made chicken cacciatore in it for dinner tonight. 

I’m going to try your recipe. Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

When I cook a turkey breast for holiday dinners, I make this dressing but without the chicken.  Everyone loves it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Crockpot Dressing

[ Edited ]

This sounds wonderful.  I am part of a group that prepares meals for our church members who are elderly.  I have a couple of crockpots and this sounds like something they would love.  Me too!

Respected Contributor

Oh my does this ever sound good ! 😋

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds wonderful! Thanks for your recipe!

I've never done chicken in the crock pot, but I do something similar -- chicken breasts or tenders on the bottom (seasoned however you like), then stuffing mix on the top, usually baby carrots on the side. Baked in the oven (400) in my glass dish for an hour & 15 minutes.

Liquid in the bottom...melted butter & EVOO, some sherry, then a can of cream of celery goes on top of the chicken & stuffing.

Respected Contributor

Just printed this recipe!!! Sounds wonderful. Thank you for posting.

Respected Contributor

Question: is the stuffing mix like Pepperidge Farm? or Stove Top with the seasoning?