• 2 tsp garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 1 ½ cups heavy cream, or half and half
  • cup parmesan cheese, shredded
  • ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

Instructions
    • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
    • Cook bacon in a large cast iron skillet until browned and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Remove and discard all but 2 to 3 tbsp of bacon grease.

• Add Brussels sprouts to bacon grease in pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until Brussels sprouts over medium-high heat until they are lightly charred, about 6 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
  • Remove Brussels Sprouts from pan to a plate (or baking dish if not using an oven safe pan). Melt the butter in the pan over medium heat and then whisk in the flour. Gradually whisk in the heavy cream until heated through, then stir in the parmesan cheese until melted and smooth.
  • Add the Brussels sprouts and bacon back to the pan and stir to coat (or if using a baking dish, pour cream mixture over Brussels sprouts and bacon and stir to coat). Finish off with the mozzarella cheese and give it a quick stir.
  • Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the center of dish is bubbly and Brussels sprouts are tender.
Valued Contributor

Re: Creamy Brussel Sprouts With Bacon

89EEFD63-B4B1-45E2-A6F2-935629774C70.jpeg1F4ACFB3-FE4F-4C47-BA1C-6C24A25974DB.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a keto eater, I LOVE this dish!  My recipe is slightly different (no flour) and I think there might be a tiny bit of cream cheese in it - not sure off hand. I use HWC (no half & half).  I have to watch myself because the carbs in the sprouts add up quickly.  If they weren’t an issue, I could eat a plateful!  I have plans to make it next week, probably Thursday.  

Trusted Contributor

@Reconnaissant, OMG that sounds sooooo good.  I'm going to be making it soon. 

Thank you for sharing!

Super Contributor

@Reconnaissant 

This looks amazing!  I sure wish I could use frozen brussel sprouts since I have a huge bag of them in the freezer.  I'm thinking fresh would be the only way to go with this one.

Esteemed Contributor

Recipe sounds delicious and looks AMAZING!  Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

@Reconnaissant   Wow, I made this for dinner.  Not quite as pretty as your picture, but it WAS delicious.  It was wonderful.  I will make it again.  Thanks for sharing, you provide a lot of good recipes here!

Valued Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@Reconnaissant   Wow, I made this for dinner.  Not quite as pretty as your picture, but it WAS delicious.  It was wonderful.  I will make it again.  Thanks for sharing, you provide a lot of good recipes here!

@lynnie61 wrote:

@lynnie61 

Picture was from website. I’m glad you liked the brussel sprouts and you were kind enough to post a reply. Thank you very much. 

Respected Contributor

@Reconnaissant   You’re welcome.  Normally I’m not a big brussel sprout lover, but SO is, and he loved it too!