Respected Contributor

Re: Cranberry Salad/Relish Mold

@Leeny wrote:

@1920712 

It's on ours too. I love to put it on biscuits and lefse. lol

@1920712 wrote:

@LeenyYou're very welcome. It is always on our Thanksgiving table and often Christmas too. We wouldn't be without it.

I have a Family recipe for my Moms and Ive given it to many people over the years. I also have a xmas salad similar. However I found my grocerie store ,Krogers, carries almost the same thing.

Contributor

@1920712

I believe it was you who said you have Joan Rivers favorite cranberry recipe.  I loved Joan and would love to have her recipe.  I still miss her.  Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bbqjudgeSorry, I don't have it.  @Leeny did mention that.

@bbqjudge'Just happened to remember that you can search Froums & Blogs up at the right hand of the screen to the left of community. You may be able to find it there. Also @Leeny could also post it here, if rules permit. Best wishes

Respected Contributor

@bbqjudge 

I'll be glad to get the recipe to you as soon as I go through my recipe box. I've been trying to re-write some of my older recipes's so it will take a little bit of time, but i will get Joan's recipe to you Woman Happy

@bbqjudge wrote:

@1920712

I believe it was you who said you have Joan Rivers favorite cranberry recipe.  I loved Joan and would love to have her recipe.  I still miss her.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bbqjudge 

Ok, I finally found the recipe Woman Happy I know it took me a while, but I did find it. Here it is: 

Sauce a l’Orange 

Ingredients

1 16-oz bag cranberries

2 cups sugar

1 cup orange juice (preferably fresh)

2 tsp grated orange grind

¼ to ½ cup blanched slivered almonds

Directions

1. Wash cranberries. Combine all ingredients, except almonds, in a saucepan. Cook on a low flame until the cranberries pop open (about 8 minutes).

1. Skim the foam form the surface. Let stand for 3 minutes. Sprinkle almonds on top and chill before serving.

I hope you will enjoy as much I have. 

Also there is another recipe of her's for Cranberry Sauce if you would like that let me know. Enjoy.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LeenyIt was @bbqjudge  that requested this, maybe if you were to address @bbqjudge  ?

Edited to add

It was very kind of you to do this for @bbqjudge Thank you for helping

Respected Contributor

@1920712 

I corrected my error. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I guess my eyes aren't what they use to be.

@1920712 wrote:

@LeenyIt was @bbqjudge  that requested this, maybe if you were to address @bbqjudge  ?

Edited to add

It was very kind of you to do this for @bbqjudge Thank you for helping

Contributor

@Leeny 

Thank you so much for Joan's recipe.  I would love to have any other recipes of hers that you may have.  I miss her being on the Q---especially years ago when she was on with Kathy Levine--it was like being at a comedy club.

I thank you so much for taking your time to do this for me.  I would love to have whatever else of hers that you have.

Respected Contributor

@bbqjudge 

Joan's Cranberry Sauce

1-12 oz. pkg whole cranberries

1/2 Cup brown sugar

1/2 Cup white sugar

1/2 Cup orange juice ( prefer fresh)

1 tsp. cinnamon

Place all contents into a sauce pan and let simmer.Stirring occasionaly. Be sure to mix well. 

Cranberries cook down and open in about 10-12 min. Remove from heat and let cool before serving it should set up nicely.

I know, I miss her shows too. She and Kathy Levine were so much fun to watch. The Q offers nothing like those days did anymore.

Contributor

@Leeny 

Thank you again for another of Joan's recipes.  Having been Joan's recipe will make it truly special.  Thank you for your efforts to do this for me.  I'm sure there will be many others who who  be happy to have it.