Esteemed Contributor

Growing up I ate it with Ketchup (it's how my dad ate it).  Now, I prefer Pineapple and also like it with Applesauce.  

I prefer a small or medium curd but don't care for the Michigan cottage cheese or that style.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I add cottage cheese to ricotta and mozzarella for layering in my lasagna.   Otherwise I only buy it if my husband says he wants some.  

Respected Contributor

I like cottage cheese spread on a piece of whole wheat or rye toast. Even better with sliced tomato on top if I have some.  

Valued Contributor

I have always liked cottage cheese. Plain is just fine with me. Mixed with fruit is Ok, especially pineapple. Chives and cottage cheese are an excellent combination.

Respected Contributor

My latest favorite way is with mango salsa.  The fruity sweetness with some heat on the creamy cottage cheese is delightful.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

My latest favorite way is with mango salsa.  The fruity sweetness with some heat on the creamy cottage cheese is delightful.

@Free2be I have not tried this, but I don't see any reason that a little hot pepper jelly or some of that Asian sweet and sour sauce that is sort of like hot pepper jelly wouldn't be in order!  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I love it nice and creamy (and juicy)....especially with fresh sliced summer tomatoes or fruit. Hubby likes large curd - I like small curd, so I buy one for each of us. I would never have thought of fruit salsa, but I have some raspberry salsa in the refrig, so will give that a try with my cottage cheese!

Trusted Contributor

I like mine drizzled with a little bit of honey

Honored Contributor

I often take 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with fruit for lunch at work.

Respected Contributor

Re: Cottage Cheese

[ Edited ]

Many good ideas for adding to cottage cheese! Thanks all!