Esteemed Contributor

I lost my recipe for corn pudding! I looked on line and there is so many. Anyone have a tried and true they use? Mine was from Gooseberry Patch cookbook and I can't find it! I really would appreciate any replies. Thanks so much. Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Corn pudding recipe help

• 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs, room temperature
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
  • 1/2 cup 2% milk
  • 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn

Directions

• 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Gradually add muffin mix alternately with milk. Fold in corn.
  • 2. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish or 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, until set and lightly browned, 45-50 minutes. 

This is the recipe I use for corn pudding casserole

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/cheesy-jalapeno-corn-casserole/

this without a doubt is my only go to recipe.  It turns out every time.  Just perfect.  People look forward to having this dish when I turn up at events, lol.  It lasts for days as well

Honored Contributor

If you key in gooseberry cook book, corn pudding. A recipe comes up.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@godiThis is the one we use every Thanksgiving.  We love it and so do others.  Checked 2 Goosberry cookbooks I have and couldn't find a Corn Pudding recipe.  

CORN PUDDING (serves 8)

1/2 cup butter or margarine melted

2 eggs beaten

1-16 oz. can corn -- drain

1-16 oz. can cream style corn

8-oz. sour cream

1-8 1/2 oz. box Jiffy Cornbread Mix

In a mixing bowl combine butter or margarine, eggs, corns and sour cream.  Add cornbread mix and stir well.  Pour into long shallow baking dish.

Bake at 350 degrees 45 minutes

Note:  I've made this using less butter or margarine and other times I've eliminated it.  Could not tell the difference.  But hey, it's Thanksgiving.  Calories don't count.

ETA --  Because I have stainless steel mixing bowls, I will sometimes melt the butter in that bowl, then continue adding the other ingredients to that bowl. Sure beats dirtying a pan to melt the butter, then another bowl to mix the corn pudding mixture. Just let the butter cool a bit before adding the eggs.   

Trusted Contributor

@shoekittyYum, I'm going to make this !!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@hayseed00 @coffee drinker @shoekitty   Thank you all so much for your help. I copied the recipes here and googled the gooseberry like you said to word it a that's it it is the one I used. I am going to show my niece all of these and we will decide. Thanks again you all are the absolute best best best. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🦃🦃🦃🦃 🌽 

Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Here's my home  receipe for :

Slow cooker fresh corn souffle pudding

3 1/2 cups of fresh raw corn ( cut corn off ears )  or use  Hanover  frozen yellow  corn .

cook corn in pan with 1 stick of unsalted  butter .( set aside) .

4 eggs  slightly beaten

8oz of milk or vanilla  soy milk or vanilla  almond milk .

3 cans of sweetened condensed milk

1/4 cup of corn starch

pinch of salt

2 tsp of ground nutmeg

put all  the above ingredients  & mixed together in a slow cooker . Cook on medium .

If mixture look a little to thick then you can add more milk or if you like it sweeter add another can of sweetened condensed milk .  Serve warm and  grind fresh Nutmeg on top.

Honored Contributor

I recently enjoyed a serving of this corn pudding at a charity benefit dinner for a local animal rescue organization.  The gentleman who made it gave me his recipe.  I think it has a fresher taste than the recipe I have been using, which is made with boxed corn muffin mix:

1 lb frozen corn

3/4 cup heavy cream

1/2 cup flour

1/3 cup cornmeal

1/4 cup sugar

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp baking soda

1 cup sour cream

6 tbsp melted butter

1 lightly-beaten egg

Microwave corn and 1/4 cup water in covered bowl for 7 minutes, then drain.

Mix cream and 1 1/2 cups corn in blender until coarsely pureed.

Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking soda in big bowl.  

Whisk sour cream, melted butter, egg, pureed corn, and rest of whole kernel corn in separate bowl.  Whisk into flour mixture.  Pour into greased 8" square baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.  Cool on rack for 10 minutes before serving.