Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Cookies..................

@bluetail fly wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Here is a recipe for cookies that look like little snowballs.

Date Pecan Balls

1 cup soft unsalted butter

1/2 c sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 c sifted flour

1 c chopped pecans

1 c chopped dates

I buy the chopped dates in the box and chop into smaller pieces (they look like they are dusted w/sugar)

Cream butter & sugar.  Add vanilla and mix; add flour 1/2 c at a time & mix; add pecans & dates.  Roll teaspoons of doughinto balls and Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.  Bake on greased cookie sheet @ 350 for 20 minutes.  Roll in Confectioner's Sugar or sprinkle heavy.

These cookies are buttery delicious.

The reviews are in on this recipe and they are a smashing hit!

I made them a couple of weeks ago and froze them.  Set them out on the counter yesterday morning still in the freezer container to defrost and moved them to a serving platter a little before my open house started.

I gots lots of compliments.  Lots of What's in These questions.    Lots of I've never had these before and They Taste Like Christmas comments.

This recipe is a keeper ..  Thanks so much to KatCat1.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

I made them also and they are very tasty and the recipe is definitely a keeper.

I may have chopped the dates too small.  My grocery had bulk dates, so I bought them. Some were hard and got harder in the cookie after baked. I never baked with dates before.   When I remake I probably will use the prechopped dates OP used.  I am wondering what dried cranberries or cherries would taste like.