Valued Contributor

I love coffee ice cream and coffee yogurt but these items are very hard to find in my area especially in a low fat or low sugar variety.   I bought some no sugar added vanilla ice cream and added some decaf instant folgers coffee.  It is delicious.  Then I tried the instant coffee in the plain yogurt along with some sweetener.  It is devine, less expensive, and I can always have the ingredients on hand.  Don't know why I hadn't thought of this earlier.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@marky

I love coffee everything!

Do you mix the coffee with hot water first and then let it cool and mix it into

the no sugar added ice cream or yogurt?

It sounds great.

I don't buy instant coffee, but I would if I could make something

that sounds delicious!

Trusted Contributor

My husband sprinkles about 1 tablespoon of Medeglia D'Oro instant coffee on top of his vanilla ice cream portion and completely mixes it in. It pretty much disolves and the ice cream tastes delicious.

Wanna get a bit more decadent? Add a little powdered cocoa into that mix! Yumm!

If I have leftover brewed coffee from the morning I mix some of that into a vanilla ice cream portion. That's good too.

Honored Contributor

Here are two new flavors you might like:

poptarts2poptarts1

Frequent Contributor

I too Love coffee ice cream, gelato, etc.  I had some of the tasters choice brand instant coffe in my pantry for a brownie recipe i'd made.  Had some chocolate ice cream & sprinkled & mixed in the coffee crystals, i liked it alot.

Honored Contributor

It's funny, I like a cup of coffee but I don't like coffee flavored anything else.

Valued Contributor
No, don't have to mix with water. Just sprinkle on top a stir it in.
Honored Contributor

So good,

Image result for haagen daz coffee ice cream pics

Honored Contributor

I rarely drink coffee but I love the smell of it in the am.  Rarely I have a craving for it in the morning as a hot comforting drink (usually if I eat at all in the am it is fresh fruit/juice)...

Yesterday I felt like a hot coffee drink on a rainy day so I heated almond milk, added a spoon of Pero, and a tablespoon of Mocha plantbased protein with a splash of vanilla and coconut nectar.  It was my version of a yummy coffee drink and was so tasty as I enjoyed it in my car on the way to work.

Honored Contributor

Re: Coffee Flavored Treats

[ Edited ]

Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans from Peterbrooke Chocolatier in Jax, Fl. Can you say YUM!!!

I don't drink coffee either. Yuck.

Dark Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans

Or Chocolove Coffee Crunch. DH told me to buy some more of these. LOL!!!

Image result for chocolove dark chocolate coffee bean