Super Contributor

ISO easy, non-refrigerated, 'cheap' desserts for church fish fry

[ Edited ]

I take desserts to my mom's old church for the Lenten Fish Fries mainly bc she always did. This year they have specified 'no cream pies' which I sort of translate into nothing refrigerated..? Kind of bums me out bc I used to use whipped topping for a 'frosting' a lot of times. 

I have really bad wrists, so I am looking for recipes that are not super-involved, fairly easy, and definitely inexpensive, and nothing that requires refrigeration. I suppose I could do fruit pies (I am not good with pies, though) and a sinple boxed cake with canned frosting (blech, imho), but I am tyring to find options. Looked on pinterest and got overwhelemed and surprisingly came away pretty empty-handed (either the stuff is more involved than I would like, or gets to be pricy). Kind of makes it a little difficult.. *sigh*

One fave thing I used to make was those pudding pies, with a store-bought crust and topped with Cool Whip. But that is obviously out the door now. But that gives an idea of how 'involved' I want to get, and price-wise. 

Edit: I am also not opposed to store-bought cakes or pies, but some of those get to be expensive. Yeah, I am having difficulties. Thinking it might be time I just say 'no'. But I know they really can use this stuff.