Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz Penzey's cinnamon is the best!!

Makes my grocery store cinnamon smell like dirt.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cinnamon Roll Recipe?

[ Edited ]

@Dusty1 wrote:

@Nightowlz Penzey's cinnamon is the best!!

Makes my grocery store cinnamon smell like dirt.

@Dusty1 ITA. Grocery store cinnamon is no camparison to Penzey's that's for sure.

We used to use Cinnabon Cinnamon from The Cinnabon place years ago & thought it was good. After trying Penzey's I have not used anything else.

I'm down to my last jar & my refill bag is empty so I will have to order some more as we use quite a bit this time of year.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cinnamon Roll Recipe?

[ Edited ]

This is my dear mother's recipe - delicious.

Cinnamon Rolls (can refrigerate overnight and bake in the morning)

2 loaves frozen bread dough (she used Rhodes)

1/2 cup butter

1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)

1 (6 oz) package vanilla pudding (not instant)

2 tsp cinnamon

1 cup chopped pecans

2 Tbsp milk

Thaw bread loaves

Sprinkle chopped pecans in bottom of greased 13"x9" pan.

Cut each loaf of bread into 12 pieces and place in 13"x9" pan

Sprinkle dough with cinnamon

In small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat and then add pudding mix, brown sugar, and milk until blended. Pour mixture over dough.

Let rise for 2 hours

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes

Invert pan onto platter

Respected Contributor

i make a apple cinnamin rolls that come out really good. it takes about 5 hours because of waiting for dough to rise twice. if you interested i can post it here.when i mentiion making them my wife tells me dont wait until late so your not still doing them at night.

Regular Contributor

@Pooky1

Yes please! I'm thinking I will be trying several recipes over the winter months to see what I like best....and the apple addition sounds amazing!

Respected Contributor

michigangirl723 i will post it tomorrow for you. have a great night.

Respected Contributor

apple cinnamon rolls                                                                                 2 1/4teaspoon yeast   1/2cup luke warm water   1/2cup sugar  1/2cup scalded milk  1/3cup melted butter  1egg room temp  2 teaspoon salt 4 cups all purpose flour.             filling.      6 table spoonsmelted butter divided  5 granny smith apples pealed and diced  1/2 cup sugar  1 cup brown sugar  2 table spoons cinnamon.     glaze  1/4 cup sofened cream cheese  4tbsp butter 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar 1/2 tsp vanilla.                                dough.    in a bowl add yeast 2tbsp sugar   to warm water   let sit 10 min.  in a mixer with dough hooks add milk melted butter egg remaining sugar and salt mix on low until combined. add half flour until smooth. add yeast and continue to mix on low.slowly add remaining flour. turn out on floured board and need for 5 min. put in greased bowl for 2 hours.          heat in pan 2tbsp butter and sugar then add apples cook until carmalized and set aside.  when dough is ready roll out to  16 x 24 rectangle. and spread remaining butter out to edges  mix brown sugar and cinnamon. spred over dough and add apples.roll tightly into log. with sharp knife gently slicing into slices.using parchment paper put slices close  together but not touching. cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 2 hours. then bake on 350 for 20 to 25 minutes until done.     mix glaze ingredients in pan together and pour over cinnimon buns right when they come out of oven.

Regular Contributor

@Pooky1

Thank you so much! Truly appreciate you sharing your recipe with meSmiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

satauday i made cinnamon rasin bread. it was a quick recipe not with yeast witch made it go fast . no waiting for dought to rise . came out good.

Honored Contributor

If you are in a hurry you can make them with frozen bread dough. Jus thaw the dough, and  follow your recipe