Occasional Contributor

I just watched David's chocolate chip cookie pie video but I can't figure out how to get the recipe. Can someone help? It need a store bought pie crust. Thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor

Re: Chocolate chip cookie pie

[ Edited ]

@Nonewnane   I have it.  It is in one of his books--the Shortcuts  one I think.  I'll try to locate my copy and post it sometime later today, okay?

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

Re: Chocolate chip cookie pie

[ Edited ]

@Nonewnane   Here is the recipe, as promised.  Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

Comfort Food Shortcuts, David Venable

2 large eggs

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

1 Tsp pure vanilla extract

1/4 Tsp table salt

3/4 cup (1 & 1/2 sticks) butter, softened and cut into 1 " pieces

3/4 cup all purpose flour

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

1 9" deep dish pie crust

Place oven rack in lower 1/3 of the oven and place a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil in the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.

In the bowl of your stand mixer add the eggs, sugars, salt, and vanilla and whisk for 4 to 5 minutes until the mixture thickens, doubles in volume, and turns a pale yellow.

Add butter and beat on medium high.  There will be small pieces of butter the size of panko crumbs in the batter.  Lower speed to medium and add flour until all incorporated.  Using a rubber spatula mix in the chocolate chips.

Spread evenly in the 9 inch deep dish pie crust.  Place the filled pie crust on the sheet pan and bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until a knife  inserted in the center comes out clean.

Place on a rack and cool for 25 to 30 minutes.

aroc3435

Washington, DC