Honored Contributor

Re: Chili Recipe

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

If you want easy, open a can of Hormel No Bean Chili and warm it up. 🤷‍♀️

@JeanLouiseFinch @This stuff has had a serious decline in taste. My last can tasted very different from a couple of years ago. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch @This stuff has had a serious decline in taste. My late can tasted very different from a couple of years ago. 

I don't actually buy it anymore, @Mindy D , haven't for at least two years - too many bad, non-keto ingredients.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the suggestion for Hormel Chili/no beans. I don't know why, but that can of chili on a hot dog is excellent! Hubby and I add chopped onion and shredded cheese.

I wouldn't bother making chili with 2 pounds of ground beef for the 2 of us! I tried a recipe that Rachel Ray has, but it wasn't anything outstanding....that's when I went back to Hormel for chili dogs.

Respected Contributor

Re: Chili Recipe

[ Edited ]

@Renata22   I posted a  recipe for My Way Cincinnati Chile in June, 2020.  If you type in Cincinnati Chil and select boards in the drop down two pages of threads come up and you will find some good chili recipes.

You also could try a can of Wolf Chili which comes with or without beans.  I stumbled across it in Harris Teeter supermarket  when I moved to DC in 2017.

Significant Other and I do put the "without beans" Wolf on our frankfurters when we have the urge but are in "lazy" mode.

You've gotten some good suggestions already.  Hope my idea helps, too.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch and you can add some browned ground beef, sausage or turkey!  Woman Very Happy

It already has meat in it and is thick. Just no beans in it. Works good for hot dog topping. 

Trusted Contributor
Thank you so much to everyone! I ended up doing a mashup of a few of the recipes here, using what I had. Didn’t want to have to run to the store. It was really good. I usually buy the canned turkey chili when I pick up everything for supper. I thought about it when I got to the register last night. Said oh well, I’ll just make something. I like to go on various sites to find recipes, but today I was just having a hard time finding just what I wanted quickly. And my computer was also being a jerk, so that didn’t help. I knew I would find lots of nice people willing to share good recipes here.
Thank you again. ♥️
I’m saving everything so next time I won’t have to search.
Super Contributor
Convenient Food Mart - Coney Sauce
  • 2 lb hamburger
  • 1 large onion, chopped fine
  • 8 cloves garlic, minced
  • 14 drops tabasco
  • 4 TB chili powder
  • 2 TB ground cumin
  • 2 tsp oregano
  • 2 large cans (about 28 oz each) tomatoes, crushed well
  1. Put ground beef in sauce pan with water to cover. "Squish" meat between fingers to break up. This makes a fine-textured sauce.
  2. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until meat is done.
  3. Drain well.
  4. Add remaining ingredients and simmer about 20-25 minutes, until onion is tender.
  5. Serve on hot dogs.

Trusted Contributor

The only canned Hot Dog Chili I use is Walmart's good value brand.  Like the flavor of it.  It's also pretty good mixed in some hot macaroni noodles.  Quick lunch.

Trusted Contributor

@CoffeeNut  Thanks. I never know if the store brand is worth trying.

Contributor

Easiest recipe ever and husband love it!!

Brown beef, drain, add chili powder and a jar of salsa, mix and simmer.  No set amounts for seasonings, depends on amount of ground beef and your preferred taste..  If too liquidy, simmer without lid on.