Respected Contributor

Any new recipes for gas grilled Chicken legs?  I am tired of the same old marinated in italian dressing!!  Also, how long do you grill them for?  

Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl  Google "mahogany chicken marinade". I use chicken thighs but you can use legs too.

If you don't have all the ingredients, sometimes I just use soy, ginger and garlic. Very tasty.

In the supermarkets they sell ready grated ginger and garlic in squeeze bottles. Super convenient. And then refrigerate the rest.

It depends how big my thighs or legs are how long I grill them. I imagine around 10-12 minutes total while constantly brushing marinade and turning them.

Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chicken legs?

[ Edited ]

here's a good receipeto served on greek salad or rice

In a medium bowl, combine  yogurt, olive oil, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne or red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic. let marinade by placing on

lined with foil, and then brush the marinade all over the meat, coating well. Cover and let the chicken sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight.

1 cup plain greek yogurt

2 tbs olive oil

2 tsp paprika

1/2 tsp cumin

1/8 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp  red pepper flakes or  can use  1/4 tsp  caynne pepper ( use less if you want less hot)

1 lemon - squeeze juice

1 3/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp groundpepper

5 cloves minced fresh garlic

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl.  Using the jerk seasoning alone definitely kicks chicken legs up a notch or two.  A little goes a long way.  If extra salty cajun flavor wanted add Slap Ya Mama.

Grill, air fry or what I do is convection cook following general directions online.

1. I took 2 previously marinated frozen legs out today, cooked for approx 55 mins at 350 and had a heck of a tasty lunch!Screenshot_20230619-223534_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230619-223352_Chrome.jpg
Respected Contributor

I've used this drumstick recipe and my family loves it.  It's very tasty. Please note:   **The paprika in this recipe is SMOKED paprika not regular paprika.  Smoked paprika is the necessary ingredient in this recipe.

So Good Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks w/ Smoked Paprika 

A simple everyday recipe for baked chicken drumsticks. Simply coat them with a mixture of olive oil and spices, then bake!

CourseMain Course

CuisineAmerican

Prep Time10

minutes

minutes

Cook Time40

minutes

minutes

Total Time50

minutes

minutes

Servings4 servings

Calories288kcal

AuthorVered DeLeeuw

Ingredients

• 8 (4 oz each) skin-on chicken drumsticks (about 2 lb. total weight)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Instructions

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with high-heat-resistant parchment paper and arrange the drumsticks in a single layer on the parchment.
  2. Make the seasoning paste: In a medium bowl, use a fork or a spatula to mix the olive oil, salt, pepper, and spices.
  3. Using a pastry brush or your hands, coat the chicken pieces with the seasoning paste.
  4. Bake the drumsticks uncovered until their internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, about 40 minutes.
  5. Baste the drumsticks with the pan juices using a clean pastry brush. Serve immediately.

Notes

Check on the drumsticks after the first 30 minutes. If they seem to be darkening too fast on top, loosely cover them with foil and keep cooking until they are cooked through.

Chicken should be fully cooked. It should reach an internal temperature of 165°F when measured with an instant-read thermometer not touching the bone.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl   We do thighs, wings, breasts, and drumsticks either in the oven, crockpot and grill.  

If you're a spice girl, I also like to just put whatever part I'm serving in a plastic bag with a little olive oil to moisten and toss in spices of choice for that meal, a little salt & pepper. Marinate for a while and pop on the grill in this instance.  

Take out of bag and discard. They don't really take that long, rotate every 10-15 minutes. If you have a meat thermometor, check for proper temp to pull off and enjoy.

If you have any dry rubs you can coat this way too - or create your own rubs. Check out recipes on allrecipes.com, I really like this site and use a lot of recipes I find there.

Trusted Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

I've used this drumstick recipe and my family loves it.  It's very tasty. Please note:   **The paprika in this recipe is SMOKED paprika not regular paprika.  Smoked paprika is the necessary ingredient in this recipe.

So Good Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks w/ Smoked Paprika 

A simple everyday recipe for baked chicken drumsticks. Simply coat them with a mixture of olive oil and spices, then bake!

CourseMain Course

CuisineAmerican

Prep Time10

minutes

minutes

Cook Time40

minutes

minutes

Total Time50

minutes

minutes

Servings4 servings

Calories288kcal

AuthorVered DeLeeuw

Ingredients

• 8 (4 oz each) skin-on chicken drumsticks (about 2 lb. total weight)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Instructions

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with high-heat-resistant parchment paper and arrange the drumsticks in a single layer on the parchment.
  2. Make the seasoning paste: In a medium bowl, use a fork or a spatula to mix the olive oil, salt, pepper, and spices.
  3. Using a pastry brush or your hands, coat the chicken pieces with the seasoning paste.
  4. Bake the drumsticks uncovered until their internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, about 40 minutes.
  5. Baste the drumsticks with the pan juices using a clean pastry brush. Serve immediately.

Notes

Check on the drumsticks after the first 30 minutes. If they seem to be darkening too fast on top, loosely cover them with foil and keep cooking until they are cooked through.

Chicken should be fully cooked. It should reach an internal temperature of 165°F when measured with an instant-read thermometer not touching the bone.

Love this recipe, I use one very similar for thighs! They are GREAT!!!!!

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)