• 4 cups chicken broth
  • 8 oz uncooked Radiatore pasta, or any other small pasta shape
  • 2 cups zucchini, chopped
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
  • cup fresh basil, chopped

Instructions

• Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once hot, add in the chicken sausages and onion and cook until sausages are browned and onion is tender.
  • Season with salt, red pepper flakes and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in the chicken broth, scraping the bottom of the pan to release any browned bits. Bring mixture to a boil then add in the uncooked pasta. Stir frequently, for about 10 minutes, until pasta is mostly tender, then add in the chopped zucchini.
  • Continue cooking an additional 3 minutes until zucchini is tender and most of the chicken broth is absorbed into the pasta. Stir in the lemon juice, 3 tbsp of the parmesan cheese and the grape tomatoes.
  • Remove from heat and top with the fresh basil and remaining 1 tbsp of Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

Regular Visitor

Coming out of lurkdom to say I made this tonight and it was delish!!!  Came together in no time using only one pan...my kind of dish!!!!! Thanx so much for a great recipe.....

Respected Contributor

Have made this twice so far.  It is a very forgiving recipe.  I accidentally put in too much chicken broth... It Doubles just fine.  Got PLENTY now.  Thanks for the recipe!

Honored Contributor

Looks really good. Perfect for this time of year. My husband loves squash and grows it so I'm sure it's something he'd enjoy. Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

I make this, but without the pasta. All the ingredients are usually on hand. I’ll be making it again next week. 👍

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for sharing, that looks good!  (and quick too!)