Honored Contributor

This recipe was in Chicago area paper recently.  Very good and quick to fix.  I did not top with capers.  I let simmer longer.

CHICKEN PICCATA

4 (6 oz) chicken breasts

1/2 cup flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

4 tablespoons butter

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1/2 cup dry white wine (or broth)

2 tablespoons capers

Place chicken between two large pieces of plastic wrap. Flatten chicken with meat tenderizer to 1/4" thickness. (Or, buy thin cut chicken breasts.) 

Combine flour, salt and pepper, set aside.   Melt butter in medium sized pan on medium heat.  Dredge chicken in flour mix, shaking off excess.

Brown chicken in pan with melted butter, 5 minutes on each side.  Pour wine (or broth) and lemon juice over chicken and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce has thickened.  Top with capers and serve.

Honored Contributor

this is one of my faves for chicken----will print this and try it!!  thanks

Respected Contributor

Great weeknight meal! Quick, Easy, Done. Good using pork or turkey too.  I always use the capers, yum!

Esteemed Contributor

@walker

Love Chicken Piccata. 

My recipe's techniques differ slightly.  I place a plate in the microwave and heat it.  Next, heat one of my 12" skillets to accommodate the chicken, as once it's been pounded by the "batt d'carn,"  each one is huge.  For fat at this point, I use as little cooking oil as possible, turning the chicken once (doesn't take long).  Then the breasts are removed to the heated plate in the microwave and simply sit there.  Now I thoroughly wipe out the pan and add the butter, minced garlic, white wine, juice of 1.5 large lemons-strained and capers over medium heat, stirring to thoroughly mix flavors.  Return chicken and coat both sides, continuing to spoon sauce over for 30 seconds.  Remove from heat and serve.  This dish comes together fast and can go to the bad side quickly if not worked well.  If you see that your butter is turning, add one more pat of butter and 1 Tbs of olive oil, stir and continue.

Have Filet of Sole in the frig for Piccata tonight for dinner.  Probably one of my favorites: lemon, capers, white wine, butter and a protein.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone....I appreciate your comments and other ideas for similar dishes.  It is good!

Respected Contributor

That is what I do.   We don't eat poultry anymore so I use thin pork tenderloin rings.   I like piccata better with pork anyway.   Think I'll make this the next time i cook.  Thanks for posting.

Super Contributor

Thanks for recipe. I made it tonight. Easy and very good!