Esteemed Contributor

Just catching a few minutes of one of her shows and thinking how sweet she seems.  It was their anniversary dinner and the children were included.

While I probably wouldn't make many of the the things she cooks, they always look delicious.

Was in Walmart a few days ago and some pieces from her housewares line were in stock (it's always so picked over).

I do like her glassware and some of her baking pieces.  I ended up getting a heavy duty baking pan that had flowers embossed in the metal -- so pretty!

Respected Contributor

Re: The Pioneer Woman cooking

I adore Ree Drummond's personality and am fascinated by their business.

I love watching her show. I'm of a modern aesthetic but appreciate everything she creates. 

Esteemed Contributor

She's making everything from her panty now, including 7 can soup.

Honestly, I'm going to have to change the channel before I run to the kitchen. 

She also talked about organizing her panty, which had open shelves and was tall enough to have a ladder!  Yikes.

Her show is the only cooking show I can watch anymore.  The rest of the TV "chefs" and their shows annoy the heck out of me.

Super Contributor

Her sloppy joe recipe is really good!  My husband and son love when I make her Marlboro Man sandwich recipe. 

Honored Contributor

I'll be odd woman out here, I can't watch her shows. Her recipes kind of gross me out, she seems to add sugar to everything, whether it makes sense or not. In the beginning the ranch stories were interesting, but JMO, she seems so phony. I do enjoy Ina Garten and Valerie Bertinelli, but different strokes.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

At Sam's the other day and they had her set of mixing bowls marked down.

Valued Contributor

I watch her show to and check out her website once a week. If you need a sugar fix, her chocolate sheet cake is delicious. It’s so moist. Sometimes I just top with powdered sugar and not icing. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Super Contributor

Living in Oklahoma, I've been fortunate to have met her in person three times (at her cookbook signings at a local bookstore).  She is a very sweet, down to earth lady.  I've met Ladd, her husband a couple of times as well.  He is such a gentleman, and super nice.  And handsome to boot!  We've also made the trek to her store in Pawhuska and enjoyed a delicious meal at the restaurant located in her store.  My daughters and I own several Pioneer Woman pieces from her homewares collection.  We just love her!

Honored Contributor

I've come to admire her, I like her style,   I have her knives, I love them.

But not her food.

There is nothing she makes that looks good to me,   all carbs or covered in cheese.

Same with the one who comes on after her, Nancy Fuller.    Her grands were coming over or were staying there or something and she fixed them some high carb, high fat breakfast.   Bacon or sausage, waffles and sweet rolls, good grief.   She's very comfortable in the kitchen, I like watching her but I'm not eating that food.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1

I get what you are saying. 

As I mentioned, I likely will not cook much of what she shows as I avoid sugar and most carbs -- and try to eat plant based foods.

Today she was making a curry and added honey, admitting, "I like a little sweet in my curry."  Something I'd never consider doing.

Mostly, I was remarking that she is a pleasant, happy woman.  I realize her family is wealthy, but it's her demeanor that drew me in.

So many cooking shows and the people that populate them are goofy, loud, obnoxious and just plain stupid.

Short of watching Julia Child reruns, she's fun and entertaining.