Valued Contributor

Re: Cheese ball and deviled egg recipes, please.

@Bluffbaker

You're very welcome!! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@RedTop

Thank you for sharing your variations!! I'll have to try them, also! I usually just like olives by themselves. I feel when they're added too heavily to something, all I taste is olives!

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

A deviled egg without a combo of maybe 2/3 mayo and 1/3 yellow mustard,--with just a  little sweet  or dill pickle relish  mixed in--isn't a deviled egg in my house.  It also has to have some paprika sprinkled on top to make it look pretty. 

Seems to me that  too many eggs out there get too gussied up with exotic add-ons and flavors.  My opinion only.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Baxjaxmom

If I may interrupt- your olive recipe is for regular or jumbo olives?  I am making this now and I can only cover 10 jumbo olives.  Also, I am using gluten free flour, if that makes a difference.  I set the timer, but I might need additional time if your recipe is for regular sized olives.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Sometimes when I make deviled eggs, I like to add blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing. It gives them a little zip and everybody like it. 

Respected Contributor

I used to mix mashed avocado into deviled eggs when my son was little and tell him it was Green Eggs and Ham!

STRAWBERRY CHEESE RING

1 lb sharp cheddar, finely grated

1 cup toasted chopped pecans

1 cup Mayo

1 T horseradish

6 green onions, chopped

1/8 t cayenne

1/4 t black pepper

1 cup strawberry preserves

reserve 3T pecans for garnish...Mix all except preserves..form into ring on serving plate, sprinkle with reserved pecans..fill indentation with strawberry preserves...serve with crackers...